Is it possible to increase bit-rate on 5DMKIII /w nightly build?

Started by chlywly, October 03, 2013, 11:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chlywly

Hello, I apologize if this has been asked before; had trouble finding it. I was wondering if you can increase bitrate for IPB/ALL-I codecs (NON-RAW). Like you used to be able to for MKII for instance. Let's say I just want to record normal codec's at higher bitrates.

All I see is h264.ini in the menu, but doesn't seem to do anything or give me any extra options?

RenatoPhoto

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

SDX

The effect of the bitrate option on the other cameras is very little to not noticeable (you can watch a test here).
It therefore ended up at the bottom of the todo-lists.

1%

Remember, 5DIII has a different encoder... QP stock is pitiful, esp on IPB. Also the nice thing about iva param cams is they will record audio past 100Mb/s

painya

Would a higher bit-rate be worth it to have more latitude for color correction in post?
Good footage doesn't make a story any better.

1%

painya

Quote from: 1% on October 04, 2013, 03:49:05 AM
You have a 6D, do some tests :)
I have an August Nightly build and there is no bit rate control :/  . I still prefer the .Raw format over the .MLV simply because I can directly import the cinema DNG's to PP which is why I haven't gotten a newer build. If there is a build I would love to take, an upload a test on it.

1%

I bundle both... still using raw too :)

Its not merged in main either.

painya

Which build is the last one with a bit rate control option?

1%

There is no last one, all the ones I upload have it, the nighties do not. Basically pick your poison.

eyeland

I am a little in the dark regarding the h264.ini option. It doesn't seem to be explained anywhere..
Maybe I am just very bad at searching.. I am currently running the latest 5Dmk3 raw build uploaded and linked by Lourenco - should it be functional?
Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

eyeland

Quote from: 1% on October 15, 2013, 05:24:28 PM
There is no last one, all the ones I upload have it, the nighties do not. Basically pick your poison.
I am completely lost in the forums.. no matter where I go I find something interesting and instead of finding the answer to my initial question, I end up loosing myself in 10 new questions :) (exactly like what happened when I did my philosophy degree)
Mind providing us with a link to the thread where you post your builds? :)

RenatoPhoto

But.. not for 5D3.. http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=58.0
I have not used h264.ini with 5D3 so I cant help.  The last I read this was not available with 5D3
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

eyeland