HDR bracketing feature disappeared ?

Started by mcgillro, October 03, 2013, 12:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcgillro

I have a Canon T31/600D, and have been using the HDR feature of Magic Lantern for several months.  I like it because it gives me the option of five exposures rather than just the three that Canon offers.  I realise it does more, but I only have Photomatix Essentials.

Anyway - today when I brought it up to do some bracketing I can't see the HDR option anywhere.  I have reformatted the card recently, but I've done that many times before without issue.  Should I reinstall Magic Lantern?

Many thanks for any help.

RenatoPhoto

You have not told us what build you are using...

Assuming you are using nightly build from here:
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

Then you should have read the following:

* Delete the ALL old files i.e. autoexec.bin and the entire ML directory and replace by new files.  Do not mix old with new.
*Some cameras are being developed separately from the main Unified build.  Some of those builds will have certain features available which may not be available through the nightly build.  You can explore the individual RAW development threads for additional builds; of course AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Assuming this feature is available in the new build via nightly build then go to the Shoot menu and then first feature says Advance Bracket.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

mcgillro

It's version 2.3 and I haven't (knowingly) changed anything on it.

mcgillro

I got another card and installed ML to that and straight away in the "shoot" menu I can see HDR bracketing.  So I reinstalled ML to the other card, but HDR bracketing is still missing from the "shoot" menu.  Guess I'll just use that other card for bracketing.  Weird.

RenatoPhoto

Try resetting your configuration of ML.  Go to Prefs and under Config files  select Restore ML defaults on the buggy card.  Maybe it will bring back the menu if it is hidden.  Also you can delete the configuration file in the ML directory > Settings (using a card reader)
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

saltador

sorry to highjack this thread...

i erased all ML from card..installed newest build (10-02) on my t3i...ETTR is not working

Camera on M
image Raw

Loaded ETTR on module
image review 2 sec
ETTR always on
the rest of the settings as default

I take many photos (also pointing at diferent spots) and setting don't adjust.
only when i switch to live view the camara adjust settings depending of where i point at.

so, i can't use it for intervalometer...it was working before the new build..

anyone else? any ideas..

sorry to bother...

mcgillro

Quote from: RenatoPhoto on October 04, 2013, 01:00:06 AM
Try resetting your configuration of ML.  Go to Prefs and under Config files  select Restore ML defaults on the buggy card.  Maybe it will bring back the menu if it is hidden.  Also you can delete the configuration file in the ML directory > Settings (using a card reader)

Neither card offered "Restore ML defaults" in Config File.  I delted the configuration file in the ML directory using a card reader, and now I can see right at the bottom left in grey "HDR bracketing hidden". 

Okay - went back to camera and Prefs > Config files.  I tried the "delete config" file there and noticed it  said down below to use this to  restore ML defaults.  All is good now - thank you.  Might be a case of me not trying all the options out of fear :-)

Thanks very much for the help - much appreciated.

CarolinaMLfan

Thanks for the advice that returned HDR bracketing function
to my two 5D3 cameras! That's THE function I have to have.
RenatoPhoto's October 2013 post saved me:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"RenatoPhoto
Re: HDR bracketing feature disappeared ?
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 01:00:06 AM »

Try resetting your configuration of ML.  Go to Prefs and under Config files  select Restore ML defaults on the buggy card."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  MANY THANKS!  - Jerry Markatos