Raw video previewer and plugins for Mac/Window, FCP, Premiere, Avid, Scratch

Started by infinitebuzz, October 03, 2013, 05:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrinkiiii

arrinkiiii

I have able to download the new version of drasticpreview but the mediareactor not, did't receive the email with the link. 

I try the new drasticpreview and i already can play/preview the MLV raw files (thanks =)) . The playback is not so smooth like the legacy raw files  but is alright for see the footage. The raw file that i preview got a lot of fringing, if it's for previewing it's ok but if it's for using as plugin in premiere it's not good having this all fringing stuff.  Also now i see some king of green watermark with a clock inside, do i need to put the code again?   

Thanks for the work  :)

matthieu

Hi

i am not having a lot of luck here. First - most mails from you don't make their way to me.  I just wanted to install the newest versions, but no mail..
I however received the links for the previous versions some days ago (one of them in the spam filter).

DrasticPreview is working - but only playing 5 Frames.
(I can get around this when putting the playhead to the clip end, reversing, and then pressing play..!)

Mediareactor is installed but none of the Apps (QT pro, AE CC, Premiere CS 6) was able to open the .RAW files.

I am on a Mac / OSX 10.8.5

Looking forward to have it all working smoothly on my computer!  It's absolutely what i was looking for.
With the plugins - will it be possible to preview the RAWs in OSX finder already?

infinitebuzz

Quote from: arrinkiiii on October 20, 2013, 02:23:29 PM
I have able to download the new version of drasticpreview but the mediareactor not, did't receive the email with the link. 

I try the new drasticpreview and i already can play/preview the MLV raw files (thanks =)) . The playback is not so smooth like the legacy raw files  but is alright for see the footage. The raw file that i preview got a lot of fringing, if it's for previewing it's ok but if it's for using as plugin in premiere it's not good having this all fringing stuff.  Also now i see some king of green watermark with a clock inside, do i need to put the code again?   

Thanks for the work  :)
Hi Arrinkiii

We are still getting a couple of MLV files to work, though most of them seem ok now.  I will have a look at the speed, it should be close to raw speeds.  The main difference is that raw are always in order, which is nice for read, but MLV can be out of order to support the highest possible write performance on the camera.  If you have a fast driver or SSD for source, the difference with the extra seeks should be negligible, but on hard drives they can add up.  Can you please send me a sample of the finging?  With the watermark, please run LicenseDDR and PM me with what it says.  The watermark probably means the trial has run out.  We can reset that for you.

Cheers, James

infinitebuzz

Quote from: matthieu on October 21, 2013, 12:18:19 PM
Hi

i am not having a lot of luck here. First - most mails from you don't make their way to me.  I just wanted to install the newest versions, but no mail..
I however received the links for the previous versions some days ago (one of them in the spam filter).

(I can get around this when putting the playhead to the clip end, reversing, and then pressing play..!)

Mediareactor is installed but none of the Apps (QT pro, AE CC, Premiere CS 6) was able to open the .RAW files.

I am on a Mac / OSX 10.8.5

Looking forward to have it all working smoothly on my computer!  It's absolutely what i was looking for.
With the plugins - will it be possible to preview the RAWs in OSX finder already?
Hi Matthieu

Thanks for letting me know.  With the remailer, we have been having trouble with the mail ending up in the spam folder and just not appearing at all.  Last weekend we updated our web site software, and were able to change it to display the link on the landing page after you fill in the form.  It will still send the info email out, but at least you don't have to wait for the email to get the link.
  With DrasticPreview and MRWS on Mac, can you please PM me your Mac's config?  The playback stopping has often been an audio problem (trying to use a audio subsystem that doesn't act like we expect), but the Premiere/QT issue sounds like the drivers weren't installed in the correct place by our installer.  What version of QT and Premiere are you using?

Cheers, James

pholler

Quote from: matthieu on October 21, 2013, 12:18:19 PM
Same here. I am using OS X 10.8.3, newest DrasticPreview 143 and MediaReactor 143. Seems like the plugins do not install on the right place or just do not install at all.
Is there a way to install the plugins manually?

hjfilmspeed

Quote from: infinitebuzz on October 17, 2013, 03:39:45 PM
Hi Hjfilmspeed

We would love to support Vegas, but we have been unable to get a file I/O SDK from Sony.  We know there is one available, but we have not found the right person to get it from.

Cheers, James

ggrrrrrrrrrrrr @ sony! thank you!

infinitebuzz

Quote from: pholler on October 21, 2013, 04:47:07 PM
Same here. I am using OS X 10.8.3, newest DrasticPreview 143 and MediaReactor 143. Seems like the plugins do not install on the right place or just do not install at all.
Is there a way to install the plugins manually?
Hi Pholler

We are looking into this.  For some reason, the raw is not getting added.  Hopefully we will have a fix shortly.  I'll announce it here.

Cheers, James

infinitebuzz

Hi All

New versions of www.drasticpreview.com and www.mediareactor.ws are up!  Here are the main changes:

- Full MLV 14 bit bayer support
- Fixed Premiere MLV import
- RAW info header fix for RAW and MLV
- More meta and setttings from MLV

Cheers, James

mhimhi

am i wrong, or it's not the same quality than dng? working with raw i cant get the same quality and colors that working with dng on acr.is there any tricks? the raw is very dark and even if i try setting with speedgrade i can't get the same colours and feeings than acr... :'(

jose_ugs

I was searching for a fast way to playback/preview footage... DrasticPreview's the name! Good job on that one

infinitebuzz

Quote from: mhimhi on November 08, 2013, 12:54:05 PM
am i wrong, or it's not the same quality than dng? working with raw i cant get the same quality and colors that working with dng on acr.is there any tricks? the raw is very dark and even if i try setting with speedgrade i can't get the same colours and feeings than acr... :'(
Hi MHimihi

We have heard about darkness from a couple of people.  Do you have a file you can share?  With the debayer, we currently use bilinear on Adobe, and a more advanced MalvarLanczos on Scratch.  We have decided to port the more advanced debayer back to Adobe and MediaComposer as well.  I will let everyone know here when it is released.

Cheers, James

infinitebuzz

Quote from: jose_ugs on November 11, 2013, 05:35:09 PM
I was searching for a fast way to playback/preview footage... DrasticPreview's the name! Good job on that one
Thanks very much!  :)

mhimhi

Quote from: infinitebuzz on November 12, 2013, 03:43:25 AM
Hi MHimihi

We have heard about darkness from a couple of people.  Do you have a file you can share?  With the debayer, we currently use bilinear on Adobe, and a more advanced MalvarLanczos on Scratch.  We have decided to port the more advanced debayer back to Adobe and MediaComposer as well.  I will let everyone know here when it is released.

very good!! howeveer those are the images.. (the first one is dng after acr, but it's almos original. the second one is raw)

Midphase

Ok, decided to try this because "other" people are really dragging their feet on the Mac.

I can only play 5 frames from the CF card, is this a demo restriction or is there something else going on?

I'm running Mavericks on a MBP 2ghz i7 4-core with 16 gigs of RAM.

I'd love to give it a good run, but so far it's not playing back enough to evaluate the app.

Midphase

hmmm...bump?

Infinitebuzz....any insight into what is causing the 5-frame playback limit in the trial version or your product?

I have a production coming up in mid-December and I need to figure out a real-world solution to playback .raw and .mlv files on set on a laptop.

Many thanks!

leingad

Drastic preview on Mac Os 10.9 maverick on a MBA 11" haswell just won't play any of my RAW or converted DNG files...

jose_ugs

Quote from: Midphase on November 13, 2013, 04:15:37 AM
I can only play 5 frames from the CF card, is this a demo restriction or is there something else going on?
What's your cardreader? USB2 or 3? Maybe it's a bandwidth issue, and not the software...

dadinio13

i'am on osx maverick with a usb 3.0 CF reader i have the same problem it play 5 frames and then stop playing

Midphase

Quote from: jose_ugs on November 19, 2013, 01:06:24 PM
What's your cardreader? USB2 or 3? Maybe it's a bandwidth issue, and not the software...

Streaming off an SSD drive, I don't think it's a bandwidth issue.

Midphase

Quote from: mhimhi on November 12, 2013, 09:41:51 PM
very good!! howeveer those are the images.. (the first one is dng after acr, but it's almos original. the second one is raw)

Hey, is that guy wearing a Fiorentina scarf???

jose_ugs

Quote from: Midphase on November 19, 2013, 06:36:37 PM
Streaming off an SSD drive, I don't think it's a bandwidth issue.

You wrote "I can only play 5 frames from the CF card..." that's why i thought about bandw...
I am trying it as we speak... no problems here: i7 laptop, win7...

mhimhi

Eran

Can someone say if/what the workflow from premier pro with MediaReactor WorkStation to Resolve 10 (as Resolve not recognize the ML RAW file that coming straight up from the camera ) ?