Raw video previewer and plugins for Mac/Window, FCP, Premiere, Avid, Scratch

Started by infinitebuzz, October 03, 2013, 05:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dude

Pretty nice that if you name the seperate recorded audio (in my case via mobilephone) the same as the raw files, you even get audio in the player.
that s a good one!

infinitebuzz

Quote from: dlrpgmsvc on October 04, 2013, 11:44:42 PM
Please, keep raw 1.0 (not .mlv) compatibility also! It permits more frames to be recorded! Raw 1.0 will never die and it is essential. The .mlv infos are not so essential to all shooters, and not so useful to everyone. Many thanks!
We always add more formats, never remove them.  We are still supporting OMFI files ;)

infinitebuzz

Quote from: mrnv45 on October 05, 2013, 05:22:47 AM
Dragging and dropping a .raw clip and then selecting <MODE> caused a force close on mac
here is the log i collected before i SENT TO APPLE

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fra5sf

Update:  whenever i press PLAY it plays for 5 sec. and then stops.? it wont play passed 4 seconds.
Thanks for the bug report.  We will look at it on Monday.

infinitebuzz

Quote from: dude on October 05, 2013, 03:44:51 PM
Pretty nice that if you name the seperate recorded audio (in my case via mobilephone) the same as the raw files, you even get audio in the player.
that s a good one!
Nice job figuring that out ;).  When we have too many audio channels we write the extra's as separate wave or aiff files.  We then look for them when loading a file for playback.  This is an unintended feature, thanks for pointing it out.

infinitebuzz

Quote from: szigiszmund on October 04, 2013, 10:15:07 PM
Waiting too
Hi All

It looks like we are seeing a 1/10~1/20 email failure with our link responder.  If you do not get an email within an hour of requesting it on our site, please PM me (infinitebuzz) and I will send you the links it should have sent.  Just let me know if you want to try DrasticPreview, MediaReactor or both.

Cheers, James (Infinitebuzz)

Francis Frenkel

I just test DrasticPreview, it is so usefull, and very efficent (even with the 10 secondes restraint of the demo version) !

I got one question :
If I purchase the player DrasticPreview, wil it be for only one computer ?
> Because I would like to have the player on a Laptop just to check / valid what I have shoot on the set, and one player on my computer at the office.
Francis Frenkel
www.ffrenkel.com

Oedipax

Very interesting software, but out of curiosity: how do I uninstall MediaReactor? I'm running Premiere CC, and with official support for CDNG coming soon, I don't want this app to conflict with that especially since it's a watermarked demo.

I imported several DNG sequences into Premiere and had issues with getting just a black screen on some clips, or very stuttery playback, etc. I trust it will get better, but for now, how do I undo? :D

infinitebuzz

Quote from: Francis Frenkel on October 05, 2013, 07:21:46 PM
I just test DrasticPreview, it is so usefull, and very efficent (even with the 10 secondes restraint of the demo version) !

I got one question :
If I purchase the player DrasticPreview, wil it be for only one computer ?
> Because I would like to have the player on a Laptop just to check / valid what I have shoot on the set, and one player on my computer at the office.
Hi Francis

We understand that this is a common issue, and will generally allow two keys for this purpose for the cost of one for this kind of on-set/off-set product.

Cheers, James

infinitebuzz

Quote from: Oedipax on October 05, 2013, 11:21:56 PM
Very interesting software, but out of curiosity: how do I uninstall MediaReactor? I'm running Premiere CC, and with official support for CDNG coming soon, I don't want this app to conflict with that especially since it's a watermarked demo.

I imported several DNG sequences into Premiere and had issues with getting just a black screen on some clips, or very stuttery playback, etc. I trust it will get better, but for now, how do I undo? :D
Hi Oedipax

There is an uninstall program installed with MediaReactor.  It is in /Applications/MediaReactor on Mac and Start Menu | Programs | MediaReactor on Windows.  These will remove all the files we installed, but may leave some config files created after install that won't effect anything.  We would be very interested in looking at any files that did not work properly in Premiere with our plug in.

Cheers, James

mrnv45

infinitebuzz

Quote from: mrnv45 on October 06, 2013, 05:21:22 PM
i cant get any clip to play past 0.00.00;05 seconds...?
Hi MrNV45

We do use the audio board/chip/driver for timing on DrasticPreview.  If you do not have one, or it is otherwise in use, it may not play properly (e.g. stop playing).  If this is the case, seeking and playing should go a few seconds from where you seek to

Cheers, James

mrnv45

after a restart it played 1 time all the way then after i closed and opened it again, it went back to playing just the ;5 frames.

infinitebuzz

Quote from: mrnv45 on October 07, 2013, 12:12:16 AM
after a restart it played 1 time all the way then after i closed and opened it again, it went back to playing just the ;5 frames.
HI MrNV45
  Is this Windows or OS-X?  If yo have time, can you please capture a DbgView (Windows) of the debug coming out when it stops at 5 seconds.

Cheers, James

dude

One question-which kind of debayer method do you use?
the footage has a nice contrast

infinitebuzz

Quote from: dude on October 07, 2013, 05:34:13 PM
One question-which kind of debayer method do you use?
the footage has a nice contrast
The default debayer in the player is bilinear.  There is a MarkovLanczos debayer that is sharper in the Assimilate that we are thinking of adding as an option.

infinitebuzz

:D Update:  If you are shooting MLV (Magic Lantern Raw 2.0) and are interested in trying it in DrasticPreview, please send me a PM and I will send you a link to a plug in you can add to the installer to get it reading.  We are still working on R/B gain, exposure and file spanning, but the basics are working.

infinitebuzz

Thanks for the great response everyone!  You comments and reports have been very helpful.  Some have asking for temporary licenses in the comments on the download responder.  Unfortunately we need a site code to create a key for you.  Please install the software, run the licenser and send us the site code.  We will send back a response you can put in the license app.  There is more information on this here:

http://license.drastictech.com

Also, the next version will include support for MLV as well as RAW.  I will post a message here when it goes up.

Brawl

my PC mount ATI 5650 Mobility  GPU card is it possible to use your software with it? thx

infinitebuzz

Quote from: hjfilmspeed on October 16, 2013, 07:33:34 AM
Any hope for sony vegas pro 12?
Hi Hjfilmspeed

We would love to support Vegas, but we have been unable to get a file I/O SDK from Sony.  We know there is one available, but we have not found the right person to get it from.

Cheers, James

infinitebuzz

Quote from: Brawl on October 16, 2013, 12:28:40 PM
my PC mount ATI 5650 Mobility  GPU card is it possible to use your software with it? thx
Hi Brawl

Yes.  For ATI we will use OpenCL, if available, and if not we will default to the CPU for debayer.  CPU based debayer is much slower, but it will let you see the picture ;).  Please let us know how it works.

Cheers, James

pholler

Hi infinitebuzz!

I downloaded MediaReactor and installed it, then started Premiere CC and tried to import a RAW-File. Than i got an error-message from GingerHDR. I forgot that i installed this plugin. This plugin also lets you import .RAW-Files directly into Premiere. It's just very very slow, why i never used it. Then i removed GingerHDR and uninstalled MediaReactor and installed it again. I still cannot import any RAW-files in Premiere. When i select the Import-dialog the .RAW-Files are grayed out. I cannot select them. Any suggestions?

Before i forget. I am using a Mac.

Thanx in advance
Peter

infinitebuzz

Quote from: pholler on October 17, 2013, 07:52:01 PM
Hi infinitebuzz!

I downloaded MediaReactor and installed it, then started Premiere CC and tried to import a RAW-File. Than i got an error-message from GingerHDR. I forgot that i installed this plugin. This plugin also lets you import .RAW-Files directly into Premiere. It's just very very slow, why i never used it. Then i removed GingerHDR and uninstalled MediaReactor and installed it again. I still cannot import any RAW-files in Premiere. When i select the Import-dialog the .RAW-Files are grayed out. I cannot select them. Any suggestions?

Before i forget. I am using a Mac.

Thanx in advance
Peter
Hi Peter

I can have a look on Monday.  There is a new version up if you want to try that in the meantime.

Cheers, James

infinitebuzz

Hi All

There are new versions of DrasticPreview, DrasticPreview Pro and MediaReactor Workstation that have updated ML raw support and the first pass of MLV support.  The MLV supports only the raw 14 bit essence (not the 8, 10 or LZW yet) and supports multiple/spanned MLV files.  Not all MLV files are supported yet (g3gg0 has already found 2), but these will be supported in a update next week.

Thanks, James