Raw video previewer and plugins for Mac/Window, FCP, Premiere, Avid, Scratch

Started by infinitebuzz, October 03, 2013, 05:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrinkiiii

arrinkiiii

-I must say that the Drastic Preview software is just beautiful. Simples, fast and 100% live view of your files in real time... at least the raw files. One thing that i notice in Drastic Preview is that the preview is a little bit dark from what was be shooting but going to do more tests. Also you can see fringing appear in the edges of stuff. But for a preview of raw in real time with all in side and with a lot of metadata... this is just wonderful/time saver =))   

Im in this moment uploading some MLV files in dropbox.

Going now try out the plug-in for premiere and after effects.

infinitebuzz

Quote from: dude on October 04, 2013, 03:42:15 PM
Ok, but there were a lot of plugins for premiere, which did not work as good as acr, so that caused my question.
If you have time, please give it a go and let us know what you think!

infinitebuzz

Quote from: arrinkiiii on October 04, 2013, 04:19:53 PM
-I must say that the Drastic Preview software is just beautiful. Simples, fast and 100% live view of your files in real time... at least the raw files. One thing that i notice in Drastic Preview is that the preview is a little bit dark from what was be shooting but going to do more tests. Also you can see fringing appear in the edges of stuff. But for a preview of raw in real time with all in side and with a lot of metadata... this is just wonderful/time saver =))   

Im in this moment uploading some MLV files in dropbox.

Going now try out the plug-in for premiere and after effects.
Thanks very much!  We are looking at the ranging as well.  We are using the values that come out of the RAW header, but they do look a bit dark.  With the fringing, that is probably the bilinear.  The MalvarLanczos helps with that and sharpens the image, but is currently only selectable in Scratch.  Looking forward to the MLV files.

arrinkiiii

For a previewer is more then enough... maybe 1 or 2 slides with iso/exposure in the previewer app? I think is good like that, even with the fringing thing. Going open premiere and see what going to happen =))

I already send the link with the MLV to James.

arrinkiiii

So good to see raw footage playing smooth/real time in premiere  :D

Things that i notice with the plug-in in premiere: Yes, the raw footage come more dark than normal and unfortunately the fringing still there. In after effects with the dng's and ACR i have the sliders to control the image... in premiere what i should use for expose more or less? The levels, the shadow/highlight plug in from premiere? 

In premiere is possible to change the white balance?

Wend use the shadow/highlight plug-in from premiere to expose correctly i got the strange flickering (like in ACR) Any hint how to expose appropriately in premiere without the flickering issue? 

reddeercity

Hi,
Any support for Final Cut Pro X or just
The Out Dated Final Cut Pro 7 ?
No Adobe in my workflow. :)

infinitebuzz

Quote from: reddeercity on October 04, 2013, 06:15:39 PM
Hi,
Any support for Final Cut Pro X or just
The Out Dated Final Cut Pro 7 ?
No Adobe in my workflow. :)
We have the API and FCP-X is under development, but probably won't be ready until later this year.

mrnv45

so far so good on the preview program!

love it actually!  ill give it a hard run today.

what exactly does the  MediaReactor do?  also will yall have anything for FCPx or do yall not like final cutx

infinitebuzz

Quote from: mrnv45 on October 04, 2013, 07:51:28 PM
so far so good on the preview program!

love it actually!  ill give it a hard run today.

what exactly does the  MediaReactor do?  also will yall have anything for FCPx or do yall not like final cutx
MediaReactor is a series of plug ins for editing and finishing software for video/audio import and export.  We are working on FCP-X, but it is not ready yet.  When it is, it will support all the file formats MediaReactor supports for Avid/Adobe/Assimilate/FCP7/QuickTime/etc.

mrnv45

nice. yall should just build yalls own video grading, standalone.  yall have the viewer, and yall have the editing.  what else would yall need to get that started.  yall are on the right track, wish yall luck!

Jakobmen

Canon 5D3

infinitebuzz

Quote from: mrnv45 on October 04, 2013, 08:16:30 PM
nice. yall should just build yalls own video grading, standalone.  yall have the viewer, and yall have the editing.  what else would yall need to get that started.  yall are on the right track, wish yall luck!
Thanks!  We have talked about a trimming station, where we allow you to pull out the stuff you want without encode/decode, and also make a proxy version . . . It all about time, of course  ;)

infinitebuzz

mrnv45

Quote from: infinitebuzz on October 04, 2013, 08:59:33 PM
Thanks!  We have talked about a trimming station, where we allow you to pull out the stuff you want without encode/decode, and also make a proxy version . . . It all about time, of course  ;)

def. understand.   

no rush, but you got a new fan here. i look forward to continue testing !! nothing like being the first to test the future!

reddeercity

Quote from: infinitebuzz on October 04, 2013, 07:06:09 PM
We have the API and FCP-X is under development, but probably won't be ready until later this year.
excellent ! :)
Will the plugin allow me to work native on the time line? in fcpx .
Let me know when the plugin ready, I would be glad to Test it for you Guys  :D

infinitebuzz

Quote from: reddeercity on October 04, 2013, 09:27:59 PM
excellent ! :)
Will the plugin allow me to work native on the time line? in fcpx .
Let me know when the plugin ready, I would be glad to Test it for you Guys  :D
I will announce it here when it is ready.  Our current FCPX development allows you to import and use it on the time line directly, but I think FCP-X actually starts caching to ProRes in the background.

dlrpgmsvc

Please, keep raw 1.0 (not .mlv) compatibility also! It permits more frames to be recorded! Raw 1.0 will never die and it is essential. The .mlv infos are not so essential to all shooters, and not so useful to everyone. Many thanks!
If you think it's impossible, you have lost beforehand

brunonicko

Hi! I didn't receive the e-mail also... Looking forward to test (and maybe buy!) this software!

reddeercity

Quote from: infinitebuzz on October 04, 2013, 11:26:58 PM
I will announce it here when it is ready.  Our current FCPX development allows you to import and use it on the time line directly, but I think FCP-X actually starts caching to ProRes in the background.
Yes it dose,
i can work with cdng  native on the time line but, the only problem is FCPX
imports the image at 10 seconds per-frame instead of  1 Frame = 1/24th second
So when you import 5000 frame  this take all day!
after indexing, then you can change duration to 1/24th.
After that no problem editing & grading in fcpx
i'm limited to about 500-600 frames on import at a time.

Edit: i Agree Keep Raw1.0  :)

mrnv45

see thats why i had started the thread Raw vs. MLV http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8644.new#new
i kept reading different things.

also i was suggested using iphoto or what i use Aperture to index.  and it was alot faster.
how (on FCPx) do i change the 10 seconds to the 1/24 on fcpx..?

mrnv45

Dragging and dropping a .raw clip and then selecting <MODE> caused a force close on mac
here is the log i collected before i SENT TO APPLE

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fra5sf

Update:  whenever i press PLAY it plays for 5 sec. and then stops.? it wont play passed 4 seconds.

reddeercity

Quote from: mrnv45 on October 05, 2013, 04:45:08 AM
also i was suggested using iphoto or what i use Aperture to index.  and it was alot faster.
how (on FCPx) do i change the 10 seconds to the 1/24 on fcpx..?
Hi-light the images on the time line click the mouse button Or right click Microsoft mouse
dropdown menu select change duration to (1)
Short video tutorials on how its done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f74YXys5o5I&feature=c4-overview&list=UU85LQxEaeM6n_qguZwIG1_Q