Raw video previewer and plugins for Mac/Window, FCP, Premiere, Avid, Scratch

Started by infinitebuzz, October 03, 2013, 05:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eran

Quote from: Eran on November 19, 2013, 10:12:19 PM
Can someone say if it's passable/what the workflow from premier pro with MediaReactor WorkStation to Resolve 10 (as Resolve not recognize the ML RAW file that coming straight up from the camera ) ?

Should I export as a PNG or TIFF sequence and then relink xml with in Resolve?

infinitebuzz

Quote from: Midphase on November 16, 2013, 07:17:35 PM
hmmm...bump?

Infinitebuzz....any insight into what is causing the 5-frame playback limit in the trial version or your product?

I have a production coming up in mid-December and I need to figure out a real-world solution to playback .raw and .mlv files on set on a laptop.

Many thanks!
Hi Midphase

Very sorry about the delay, I don't seem to be getting messages when the thread is updated!  We spent the last couple of weeks chasing this down, and we believe we have sorted it out.  There are new DrasticPreview installers up on our site that should fixed this problem.  MediaReactor Workstation installers will follow shortly.

Cheers, James

infinitebuzz

Quote from: jose_ugs on November 19, 2013, 06:55:19 PM
You wrote "I can only play 5 frames from the CF card..." that's why i thought about bandw...
I am trying it as we speak... no problems here: i7 laptop, win7...

Hi Eran

Sorry for the delay, I was/am not getting thread updates at the moment.  When we get a 5~10 frame playback, it usually means we are having trouble with the audio system.  We use the audio clock as one of the ways we time A/V/M together, and if we think it is working and it doesn't we can get these short plays.  If you are still interested, PM me and we can try and sort it out.

Cheers, James

infinitebuzz

Quote from: Eran on November 19, 2013, 10:12:19 PM
Can someone say if/what the workflow from premier pro with MediaReactor WorkStation to Resolve 10 (as Resolve not recognize the ML RAW file that coming straight up from the camera ) ?
Hi Eran

We spoke to the product manager for Resolve and they do not have a file read plug in api, so for resolve you will have to convert to DNG or wait and see if they add RAW or MLV. 

Cheers, James

infinitebuzz

Quote from: Eran on November 19, 2013, 10:14:39 PM
Should I export as a PNG or TIFF sequence and then relink xml with in Resolve?
Hi Eran

For best quality to resolve, I would convert them directly to DNG.  If you have to do a conversion step, that is going to be the best quality going into resolve.

Cheers, James

infinitebuzz

Hi All

I have sorted out my email issue on the forum, and should be getting thread updates again.  Sorry for missing some of the comments at the end of last year.  We have spent the last couple of weeks improving our MLV and RAW support.  The first installers out are DrasticPreview for Windows and OS-X.  They are available now at

http://www.drasticpreview.com

I anyone needs temp license extensions, please request them from authorization(at)drastictech.com, and mention you are testing Magic Lantern raw for DrasticPreview (or MediaReactor Workstation when that releases).

MediaReactor Workstation for Adobe/Apple/Avid with the new processing will be out shortly, and I will update this thread.  Also, if you do not get a response here, please feel free to contact us directly at support(at)drastictech.com.

Cheers, James

Canon eos m

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version of DP (Windows version). Pressing the play button, shows the videos but with pink colour cast. Anything I am doing wrong?
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

TheJuice

Quote from: Canon eos m on January 19, 2014, 06:49:02 AM
Hi,

I downloaded the latest version of DP (Windows version). Pressing the play button, shows the videos but with pink colour cast. Anything I am doing wrong?

Same here => Uninstalled it right away (I installed it only for ML Raw preview anyway), so I'll stick with MLRawViewer...

Luzestudio

I just installed it on my Win64 to try it with Premiere CC.
I had to install both 64 bits and 32 bits version, to be able to import the files.
Now, when I import them I see them completely pinkish, the reproduction just lasts 5 seconds but it's smooth.

ps - email sent for temporal license...
-----
www.luzestudio.es

infinitebuzz

Quote from: Canon eos m on January 19, 2014, 06:49:02 AM
Hi,

Hi All

Sorry, I am still not getting email updates on this thread.  It looks like the debayer is shifting the raw bits incorrectly in DrasticPreview, MediaComposer and Premiere.  Not sure how this got out this way, my apologies.  The issues has been fixed and is being tested for a new release.  I will post again when the new download is available

Cheers, James

infinitebuzz

Hi All

The DrasticPreview and DrasticPreviewPro have been updated.  This fixes the pinkish tone introduced in the last release.  The MediaReactor Workstation fixes will be up shortly as well, and I'll update the thread.

Cheers, James

infinitebuzz

Quote from: infinitebuzz on January 21, 2014, 11:29:54 PM
Hi All

The DrasticPreview and DrasticPreviewPro have been updated.  This fixes the pinkish tone introduced in the last release.  The MediaReactor Workstation fixes will be up shortly as well, and I'll update the thread.

Cheers, James

The matching MediaReactor Workstation for MediaComposer, Premiere, FCP, QuickTime, etc is now up as well:

http://www.mediareactor.ws

Please let us know if you need trial licenses to test them.

Cheers, James

duey101

I just tried this out and it works to directly use RAW/MLV right off the card in Premiere Pro CC (7.2.1(4).  Seamless import/editing/output and no pink cast.  I didn't realize that I had installed the demo and then when I was running PPro I decided to try and import some MLV files into PPro... and it worked!!!  I thought it was onto some big discovery and started another thread about it...  http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=10401

Now I see it is from the DMR plugin ($495.000) which I can't afford, but it does work.  Good work on your part infinitebuzz!  Unfortunately out of reach for most Indie film makers like me.  Back to MLV/DNG/LR/AE/PP/Time consuming WF.
Gear: Canon 5D Mark III, 60D, EF 70-200L, EF 85mm, EF 50mm, EF 10-22mm.  Platform: Dual Boot Win 7 Ultimate x64/Mavericks Hackintosh, PPro CC, LR5.

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

duey101

What about a Media Reactor/MLV+RAW plugin only option?  Can you guys at Drastic do something like that?  Seems like a good idea.  You have tons of options it seems.  Just an idea.
Gear: Canon 5D Mark III, 60D, EF 70-200L, EF 85mm, EF 50mm, EF 10-22mm.  Platform: Dual Boot Win 7 Ultimate x64/Mavericks Hackintosh, PPro CC, LR5.

infinitebuzz

Quote from: duey101 on February 09, 2014, 05:33:52 PM
What about a Media Reactor/MLV+RAW plugin only option?  Can you guys at Drastic do something like that?  Seems like a good idea.  You have tons of options it seems.  Just an idea.
Hi Duey101

This is something we have talked about.  There is a discussion happening on this thread:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=10401.0

Our only concern is that we would do the work to split it out and no one would actually buy it

Cheers, James

duey101

Quote from: infinitebuzz on February 10, 2014, 04:17:04 PM
Hi Duey101
This is something we have talked about.  There is a discussion happening on this thread:

I know, I started that thread.   ???  I have a question for you, I am testing DMR in PPro and also DP.  Whenever I open Drastic Preview this is how it looks on my screen...

I'm running
Toshiba Satellite
Win 7 Ultimate x64 (SP1)
8 gigs ram
7200 rpm HD
GeForce GT 540 M GPU

infinitebuzz

Quote from: duey101 on February 14, 2014, 05:35:44 AM
I know, I started that thread.   ???  I have a question for you, I am testing DMR in PPro and also DP.  Whenever I open Drastic Preview this is how it looks on my screen...

I'm running
Toshiba Satellite
Win 7 Ultimate x64 (SP1)
8 gigs ram
7200 rpm HD
GeForce GT 540 M GPU

Hi Duey101

That is the legacy version of DrasticPreview.  It used DirectX or GDI to display the video, and is included with the current 'ClarionDT' version of DrasticPreview for older machines that do not have good OpenGL support.  There should be two links in your start menu

DrasticPreview Legacy
DrsaticPreview

The second one should point here:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DrasticPreview\DrasticPreview.exe"

and should like the interface on our web page

Cheers, James

Malex

Quote from: infinitebuzz on February 10, 2014, 04:17:04 PM
Hi Duey101
Our only concern is that we would do the work to split it out and no one would actually buy it
Cheers, James

Hi Infinitebuzz, are you giving up the idea of a MLV/RAW plugin ? :(

infinitebuzz

Quote from: Malex on March 06, 2014, 09:33:21 AM
Hi Infinitebuzz, are you giving up the idea of a MLV/RAW plugin ? :(
Hi Malex

It is part of our full MediaReactor product, and in our DrasticPreview and DrasticPreview Pro project.  We are thinking of breaking it out and making a cheaper MLV/RAW only version.  Still not sure, but you can download MediaReactor Workstation if you want to try it.

Cheers, James

thisisentourage

I  Recorded a Video using a Canon 50D
I'm trying to edit it in Sony Vegas and when I'm playing back the clips, they're skipping.

Any explanation of why this is occurring?

If possible, how do I resolve the matter?

Thank you ML Community, Cheers!

infinitebuzz

Hi Thisisentourage

Was this a raw video?  I didn't know Vegas supported that.  If it is a normal compressed video, you probably need a different section to get an answer  :)

Cheers, James

Jbowdach