Latest 5D Mark III version??

Started by AnotherDave, October 02, 2013, 11:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherDave

Hey,
So... I've had to step away from the site for a bit, and now that I have some time to get back into it... it is as confusing as ever! :-/

Where can I find the latest, greatest build for the 5D Mark 3?  *The most recent posted (in the usual spot) is from August 21st...

How are thing going with MLV?  Is there a viable OSX conversion tool yet?

jose_ugs

Quote from: AnotherDave on October 02, 2013, 11:59:49 PM
Hey,
So... I've had to step away from the site for a bit, and now that I have some time to get back into it... it is as confusing as ever! :-/
Where can I find the latest, greatest build for the 5D Mark 3?  *The most recent posted (in the usual spot) is from August 21st...

Where the downloads are :)
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

AnotherDave

Wow.  Ok there have been a lot of changes! :-)

One problem though...  Raw_Rec doesn't seem to load... at least now the module says 'Will Load on Next Reboot'... so then I reboot and still I am not seeing it in the menus.  Did it move?  Am I crazy?

jose_ugs

Yeah, things are moving forward every day!
After reboot, is the raw_rec.mo green-lit (module loaded successfully)?
Otherwise... it should be in movie/raw video, turn it on... picture profile/settings... etc... etc...

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: AnotherDave on October 03, 2013, 12:18:10 AM
Wow.  Ok there have been a lot of changes! :-)
Best to erase all the old stuff from your card and always copy the entire zip file.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

alMalsamo

I finally just upgraded to a 5D Mark III, but it's very unfortunate to find out that I must downgrade the base Canon firmware version in order to use ML!  My newly purchased 5DMIII shipped with version 1.2.1, so an out-of-the-box firmware downgrade in order to try out even ML nightlies is somewhat disheartening!

Even so, the benefits of ML will surely be larger than what official changes Canon provided in the 1.2.1 update.  I lack the reverse engineering abilities myself in order to get ML working with 1.2.1, so I am not complaining, but just letting it be known here that it's not an ideal situation to have to downgrade firmware of a new body.

I'm going to try to downgrade and use a nightly ML build from 128GB SDXC cards, for lack of a better option.... here's hoping for 1.2.1 support being worked on!

jose_ugs

Search the forum for more 1.2.1 cases...