Transcend CF 64 GB 1000X... Thoughts?

Started by jose_ugs, October 02, 2013, 04:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jose_ugs

There are mixed results when using ML with this card, so maybe it's a good idea to put them all together?
Since this is the second most affordable 1000x 64GB CF, after the KomputerBay cards, i thought it's a good idea to have a dedicated thread....
Anyone willing to share experience?

Fergus Kennedy

Hi,

I've been using that card on my Mark III. I bought it as I thought it might be a more reliable alternative to the komputerbay 1000x 64gb cards I already have. Dissappointingly I've found I only get around 73mb/s out of it. Usually around 300-400 frames at 1920x1080 25fps (global draw off). Both my Komputerbay cards give me 900 or more frames at 25fps and run around 83-85mb/s once warmed up (also with global draw off)
Having said that I did once have one of my komputerbay cards corrupt a bunch of stills (although i guess that could have been a cf reader issue).

7thfloorsteve

Well I was shooting a wedding with a 32gb 1000x Transcend card the other day. I bought it July 30th of this year, and I wasn't filming in RAW. The card locked up, and I cannot access any information on the card. I had to send it out to a data recovery and I was quoted a DUMB amount of money to recover it because there were parts that failed, and put the card in a constant "busy" state. I will NOT be buying another Transcend card again. I understand these things happen to every manufacture, but for being this new, and having such important data on it, I will skip them. I just bought a 2-pack of Lexar 32gb 1000x cards, and so far they seem better at holding a faster data rate than the Transcend by ALOT.

neilpercy

Hi,

I'm using a Transcend 64Gb 1000x UDMA7 card in a 7D and can get continuous RAW recording at 1080 25P, 1728x972 res.

Only testing so far but it seems to be working fine, getting around 80Mb/s, Using Dec 8th build of Tragic Lantern (ML for 7D) and previously 29th Sept build (stable).

Seems good value for money so far...

see here for more ...

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg93661#msg93661

neil