10x Zoom on Halfshutter

Started by swinxx, October 01, 2013, 05:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinxx

hello,

with a canon autofocus lens the halfshutter zoom from liveview tweaks is not working (only works with manual focus lenses.)
as it is possible to disable halfshutter focus with costumcontrol in the canon menu, would it be possible to enable the halfshutter zoom when the focus is assigned to another button..
in my setup halfshutter would be free cause i zoom with the af on button on the 5dmk3..

another interesting idea would be a button learn option.. like midi equipment and software synths for example.
so i chose a function (zoom for example) and assign it to the desired button.

greets

a1ex

It's not possible to tell the difference between half-shutter and AF-ON/*, so this will interfere with normal AF.

Just switch the lens to MF and there will be no more conflicts.

Lars Steenhoff

It working good but there eis a slight delay that is not there when using the normal zoom button, I wonder if this delay can be removed?

Canon 5d mk3

How about the set button?  that works from the canon menu, I just wish it was a toggle between the two modes and not a step to 5x and 10x

just 10x and back wren pressed again

Audionut

Quote from: Lars Steenhoff on December 20, 2014, 11:07:47 PM
I just wish it was a toggle between the two modes and not a step to 5x and 10x

just 10x and back wren pressed again

I don't have my camera with me atm, but have a look in the prefs menu.  There is an option to set which zoom modes to use (5x or 10x).

Lars Steenhoff

Yes there is but it does not affect the canon menu setting of using the SET button to zoom focus.

It does affect the Magic lantern button on half press shutter, but there is a annoying delay when using that, which is not there when using the Set button.