Music video shot primarily with 5D3 with Magic Lantern Raw

Started by victornoodlefilms, October 01, 2013, 06:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

victornoodlefilms

The full list of credits are on the youtube page.

Installing and shooting with the raw hack was very easy and painless for me. The workflow afterwards not so much, but in the end, we got there.

for those would like to know more, please PM me and I'm glad to share my experiences.

many thanks to Magic Lantern for giving me the tools to realise a better quality of visuals for my creations.

Some of the footage was also done using a custom built GoPro hero 3 Timeslice rig. Also glad to share what experience I have on that. (which was infinitely much more painful and stressful, but worth the effort).

saltador

really really nice.

it gives me a headache to imaging how you piece it together...so many little details....good job.

are those effects hand made or some sort of prebuid preset? i imaging is done in after effects right?
how long did it take you to edit?

thanks for sharing.

Africashot

ML 5D2 & T3i

Andre Meyer

Really good man. That must have taken hours of editing! What software did you use for the affects?

victornoodlefilms

Quote from: Andre Meyer on October 10, 2013, 11:52:22 AM
Really good man. That must have taken hours of editing! What software did you use for the affects?

sorry for the delay in replies, I've been on another project. Basically all effects were done in After Effects. The editing was a mishmash of originally started in Final Cut Pro X and then Adobe Premiere. Due to the heavy amount of post, we could only do so much at the "offline" stage. It took a couple weeks between some very talented people at Seesaw Post House in Hong Kong to help me finish this. Thanks very much for your kind words, it was definitely a tough one to work out. The Raw was the easiest part to work, the GoPros in an array are not to be taken lightly...

Thank you Africashot!

Quote from: saltador on October 09, 2013, 02:52:37 PM
really really nice.

it gives me a headache to imaging how you piece it together...so many little details....good job.

are those effects hand made or some sort of prebuid preset? i imaging is done in after effects right?
how long did it take you to edit?

thanks for sharing.

Yes After Effects. On preset builds, I will have to check with the online editors. Will get back to you. Thank you for compliment, will pass along to the gang.

add: Checked with the boys at Seesaw Post in HK, they did everything manually. No presets nor pre-builds were used.

Malcolm Debono

Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

jduvall

Really nice work!  Could you explain a little more about the Gopro time slice rig?

Thanks!

victornoodlefilms

Quote from: jduvall on October 16, 2013, 09:02:53 PM
Really nice work!  Could you explain a little more about the Gopro time slice rig?

Thanks!

Thank you for the compliment!

i'll go briefly on this as i'm aware this is a forum for ML Raw. basically we mounted 24 gopro hero 3 blk cameras in a half circle spread about 6cm apart (lens to lens). aluminium tubes were fabricated and held up by C-Stands and we used 3rd party bicycle handlebar mounts to attach them to the rig.

Nang

Amazing video!! Both in shooting and editing. What resolution did you use for shooting? Also what lens did you use? If you don't mind me asking.
Portfolio: somnang.4ormat.com | Video: https://vimeo.com/somnang
Prime: Olympus Zuiko OM 24mm f/2.8 | Rokinon Cine 85mm T/1.5 | Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4 | Helios 44-2 58mm f/2.0 | Jupiter 37A 135mm f/3.5
Zoom: Meteor 5-1 17-69mm f/1.9, Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8, Tamron 24-70mm Di VC f/2.

victornoodlefilms

Quote from: Nang on October 17, 2013, 10:01:32 PM
Amazing video!! Both in shooting and editing. What resolution did you use for shooting? Also what lens did you use? If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks very much. Not at all, glad to share.

For the raw settings I shot on 1920x720 for the crop. (I did that mostly because thats my favourite crop aesthetically, also I wasn't 100% certain my CF card at the time could do the full capture without dropped frames so I was hoping the lower capture size would be easier on the card).

Lenses used: Canon 100mm Macro (Not IS), Nikon 14-24 via adaptor, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS

For the GoPros I shot on ProTunes setting, wide and narrow settings.

djdannyray

Any chance there were some behind the scenes photos of your gopro rig ?