6D Setup Problem

Started by omidsolo, July 02, 2016, 12:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omidsolo

Howdy,
So excited to release my 6D capabilities out of Canon's jail :)
But my FW was 116 and downloaded Nightly.2016Jun13.6D116, extracted the contents of zip file on a formatted SD card and put in my ^D, firmware update finished and prompted to restart, after restart nothing is changed!!!
What am I doing wrong?
Please help.
Cheers...

edit:  Solved :)

Chele

This is what I do:
Format the card in the computer.
I extract the zip files to folder on the computer.
Copy the extracted the items/files(ML folder, autoexcec.bin, & ML-SETUP.FIR) from the computer to the card's main directory/folder.
Load the files into the camera using the "firmware update feature in the camera".
Restart the camera.

If everything went well, the camera's back LCD will show you ML being loaded into the camera.  At that point, ML's features are available when you press the "Delete" button in the back of the camera.

Levas

I think you forget to prepare the SD card.
The SD card has to be made bootable for your DSLR.
This only have to be done once, after that the card stays bootable, even after formatting in camera.
Try searching on the forum, there are multiple programs written to do this.
I used macboot make the SD bootable

Walter Schulz

With recent nightly builds you don't have to use additional software to prepare cards.
Do as adviced by Chele. After formatting in cardreader use cam to format again.

akrab01

I also do not have any change on my 6D after installing ML nightly build. I have tried everything.... format card in camera, format card on my Mac, move required files and folders to the card... update firmware, shows it is updating, tells me to restart the camera and when I do it all looks the same as it did originally.