700D / T5i RAW video

Started by TheUnkn0wn, August 17, 2013, 12:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denisad

Oh dear, it must be something I said, then.

Denisad

If you update your files as you go along will you let us know about it on these pages, TheUnknOwn, or will it become included into a future 'official' release and should we wait for that?

asilnevs

@ lifanek:
I got Follow Focus working now after disabling the Movie Servo AF. Thanks.
And it's also possible to choose Auto White Balance in the Live View Mode. Just press the Quick button and then there is also an empty button on the screen. Select this and then just press on the AWB button on the screen, this is not possible to do with the left/right/up/down buttons.

lifanek

Have You guys tried to format Your card inside camera and leaving ML on it? When I try to do it, after restoring ML files it says "Writing bootflags..." and it hangs ;/ I have to turn off/on or remove battery. After that everything is ok, but ML is not loading (it's still on the card).

Edit: I made my card bootable in MacBoot (left everything on it as it was) and it works perfectly - all my settings are there etc.

Denisad

Yes, same here, apart from those missing settings.

RafaLibrenz

70D + 18-135 STM

TrOm@

I have a problem after playing a recorded video, I must press the "menu" button, or remove batterie to continue to use my 700d. I did not think to do a test with a photo.

lifanek

I have same problem, it was mentioned earlier - just press live view button when You r in playback

daduke

has anyone here been successful in getting any useful dual-iso shots from the 700D? cr2hdr doesn't even convert them, complains about the interlacing method not being supported. It seems to me that the 700D has another line interleaving scheme than the 5Dm3. cr2hdr reports "BddB RGGB" for the 5Dm3 and "BdBd RGGB" for the 700D. Page 5 of dual_iso.pdf talks about an interleaving pattern of l,l,H,H,l,l,H,H... for the 5Dm3, but I think the 700D uses something like l,l,l,l,H,H,H,H,l,l,l,l,H,H,H,H....
To illustrate, I cropped the first top left 32x32 pixel out of a 5Dm3 and 700D CR2, respectively:

Needless to say, current cr2hdr interpolation algorithms do not like this.

any ideas?

thanks,
-Christian

sobix

Hello! I'd like to try the alpha 700d. I have the fireware on my SD card but I do not know how to install it on the 700d. I can not find the tab with the update, which allows me to install the fireware.

Thank you for helping me :)

(Message translated from French)

wacru1

here's what i did.

low-level format the card in the camera.
on the PC, extract the 700...zip file to the sdcard.
with the card still plugged into the PC, run eoscard, check both eos_develop and bootdisk. it should list the fir file. click save. it should say "write successful"

no other steps.

put the card in the camera and turn it on. you should see the normal info screen, then the ml bars top and bottom. press the trash icon to get the ml menus.

Denisad

Also run the firmware update from the camera's menu.

1%

Needless to say, current cr2hdr interpolation algorithms do not like this.

EOSM has the same problem.

daduke

Quote from: 1% on August 31, 2013, 10:52:24 AM
EOSM has the same problem.
I have the impression that they're not using HHllHHll, but rather 4 each. I haven't understood cr2hdr's code sufficiently in order to propose a fix yet, though.

while we're at it: is there a current M repo I could check out and compile? tragic lantern doesn't seem to be it...

thanks,
-Christian

1%

Tragic lantern 6D has eosm 2.0.2 and the built module should work on both. We just turned off the bit that makes it do 8 lines instead of 4.

daduke

Quote from: 1% on September 01, 2013, 09:09:38 PM
Tragic lantern 6D has eosm 2.0.2 and the built module should work on both. We just turned off the bit that makes it do 8 lines instead of 4.
roger, got it. thanks.

tamerlan311

raw_rec or silent short on my 700D return are strange *.DNG file

In the center of the frame can see a clear pattern of artifacts, most likely from the phase-detection AF pixels.
I could not find information about this problem and how it can be solved.

Example:
JPG: http://ubuntuone.com/3yLmEA6BH2izIDANlna7At
DNG: http://ubuntuone.com/4zuGhoHI5v3Fp2KoXXkzSu

nanomad

Try using pink dot remover for the 650D
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

wacru1

i'd think twice about installing java (needed by red dot remover). i found this:

"There's already a superior way than either of these for now. In Lightroom or ACR, turn Noise Removal in both Luminance and Color all the way up and then adjust the detail sliders until just around the point where the dots disappear enough. Finish developing the rest of the settings (exposure, vibrance, brushes, graduated filters, WB, etc) then just select all the photos in LR or Bridge and sync your develope settings. Voila."

works well. i'm trying to find the best export settings from LR... the rest of the workflow to vegas... it didn't like the altered tiffs. i'll try other formats.

Rewind

Quote from: wacru1 on September 07, 2013, 06:51:33 PM
i'd think twice about installing java (needed by red dot remover). i found this:

Are you serious? )) Have you tried that method yourself?
There is no better solution so far then PDR tool (if you concerned in quality at all)

wacru1

yes. after some fiddling, i was able to get the dots to go away.

Rewind

Quote from: wacru1 on September 08, 2013, 05:58:38 AM
yes. after some fiddling, i was able to get the dots to go away.
Would you mind to share your result as well as source dng?

wacru1

sorry, i'm away from my work computer.

i was working with tiffs from one of the xx2xx converters. i was able to remove the dots using LR's noise reduction. only tried it on one clip. it looked acceptable to me, no artifacts. i then synced all images and exported as tiffs. when i got the repaired tiffs into vegas, they didn't play smoothly.

i'm trying to find the right workflow to edit in vegas. doing the cc first (before editing) in LR is odd, but i could work that way. what workflows are you guys using?

FilipeNico

Hi... i'm very noob in this matter so please, don't judge me...

I've recently bought the 700d and now i've decided to try the magic lantern software...

I follow the instructions and used the build 700D.111-16082013-ML.zip which someone posted here and everything was installed

But now i've wanted to unninstal it... and i can't use this instruction

Uninstalling ML from the camera
BootdiskDisabled
With a Magic Lantern card, launch the Firmware Update process and follow the instructions on-screen.

Because it just comes back to the main menu without any instruction screen...

I've already remove the magic lantern from the card but as soon as i put the files back in the card the camera boots it ut without even need to reinstal it (which i believe it means that it's bootflag is up and running)

How can I remove it??

godashram

had the same question a while back... no answer either
Canon T5I, EOS M2