700D / T5i RAW video

Started by TheUnkn0wn, August 17, 2013, 12:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheUnkn0wn

700D.111 - Alpha Build [16082013]

WARNING : THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT BUILD, I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR IN USING THIS.

You can find a build by others here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH4coVqWfkA

P.S : My changes have been merged to the Magic-Lantern BitBucket now.

Updated by Renato:
Use this thread for RAW video on 700D/T5i

For the latest builds go here:

Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3072.0

A nice guide here:
http://dslrmonster.blogspot.com/2013/11/installing-magic-lantern-pre-alpha-on.html

ricardoalvez

I've been tried to instal this, appears only a message: "EnableBootDisk"
Someone can explain me what is that?

ricardoalvez

I fixed it using MacBoot for create  a bootable disk :)

nanomad

Great work with the 700D. Did you fix the lockup when chaning modes? If so, it's time for a 700D installer then :D
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

TheUnkn0wn

Quote from: nanomad on August 17, 2013, 10:40:10 AM
Great work with the 700D. Did you fix the lockup when chaning modes? If so, it's time for a 700D installer then :D

Yes, its actually pretty stable right now (from what I have tested anyway).

asilnevs

I just installed ML on a small SD card and switched the 700D on and .... so far so good.
The first time I switched on the camera it said "Enable boot disk". I made this sd card bootable in Ubuntu with Gparted by setting the bootflag on.
But this was not enough I think. So I used EOScard.exe on a Windows computer and selected "EOS_develop" and "Bootdisk" in the menu and then copied the necessary files on the SD card and the problem was solved.

I did go through all the menus and there is a lot off stuff in it.
Everything seems to be very logical.
Thank you guys for this great work.
If I should find some strange things then I will give some feedback.

Denisad

Great oodles of thanks! I have ML installed on a 32Gb card in my 700D and it sure looks like it's going to be fun. I too will let you know about any glitches that may arise. Smashing work.

wacru1

nice work, guys, and thanks. i'll let you know if i notice anything.

Denisad

Magic Zoom displays a heavy flicker that renders it unusable and there is no audio tab as yet but it all looks quite stable.

wacru1

+1 on the mzoom flicker, no audio yet.

also, when i press the play button, all is good. page through... fine. press play again to go back to shooting, doesn't respond. toggling live view resets or turning the camera off and on.

great job, thanks. today is my birthday and ML for my new T5i is the best gift...

Denisad

Another niggle, if I may: After changing the White Balance setting in the ML menu, going back to AWB is quite a rigmarole, for some reason. I can tap the screen back to AWB but the setting in the camera's own menu still reads Custom. The problem is that I cannot tell for sure which one is operative when I take the shot. Do I make sense?
My last ungrateful moan for today is about the Exposure Compensation scale that is apt to flash at bottom right for no apparent reason, but only occasionally, and I am almost ashamed of mentioning it. Really. Many thanks again. 

aschwartzmann

Used for 6 hours straight didn't have to remove battery or power cycle. Only issue I ran into was using ML to take a set of bracketed exposures. Once after turning off the bracket exposure option it left the exposure set to -5

godashram

My 1st DSLR and 1st shot with Magic Lantern.... LOVE IT!

Only issue I have had, and I may just be blind, is what if I want to remove the bootflag?

That and I need a faster card for RAW video....but that is my problem!
Canon T5I, EOS M2

asilnevs

I have switched on the Focus Peak and if I connect an external screen with a HDMI cable then I get a horizontal bar of dots on the screen like this:

This problem only occurs when the Image Buffer is set to Low-res.
This problem is not very consistent because yesterday I had no Horizontal bar of dots but it where random dots on the screen, described like in this topic: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5119.msg30648#msg30648 , the only difference was that I had this problem in both Photo and Video mode.
For the rest, everything is working great without any crashes.

wacru1

shooting cinestyle. getting a halo in video mode. same settings. anybody have any ideas what is causing this?

http://wacru.com/Images/normal.jpg
http://wacru.com/Images/halo.jpg

thanks.

RafaLibrenz

Quote from: wacru1 on August 19, 2013, 09:49:02 PM
shooting cinestyle. getting a halo in video mode. same settings. anybody have any ideas what is causing this?

http://wacru.com/Images/normal.jpg
http://wacru.com/Images/halo.jpg

thanks.

Seems to be the vignetting.
(Magic Lantern menu > Movie > Vignetting)
70D + 18-135 STM

Denisad

Also I cannot find the Arrow/SET shortcuts anywhere but no doubt that will appear in a later build. That pesky blinking exposure compensation scale is just a tad annoying, though.

nanomad

Enable the display sensor under misc key settings and use it to trigger them
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

TrOm@

Hi guys,

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the mode for the 700d moving faster than I thought and I want to thank you all.
I would try to install it but I'm lost because I don't know what download ML file. In fact on the subject there several links.
More I looking the 650D changelog i see that 700d is referenced, does this mean I can download 650D ML version for 700d?
Satriani has posted a link that redirects to dropbox and I thank him, but there is no change in 3 days, is this normal?

Denisad

Quote from: nanomad on August 20, 2013, 11:14:43 AM
Enable the display sensor under misc key settings and use it to trigger them
Well I'm damned if I can find anything like Misc Key settings anywhere. Another problem is that ML will not let me record RAW video at all no matter what king of setting I use, manual, auto, any res, PAL or NTSC; I get some kind of coloured graph with a line telling me that 40 odd frames were taken and '1 frame skipped' in red. There was a warning once that recording had stopped and that it was a bug that I should report. Normal and HDR video have no problems.
Perhaps we should cool down the hysteria a bit and let you guys do the thing in your own good time; I'm sure it will all come out beautifully in the end.

godashram

Quote from: Denisad on August 20, 2013, 05:21:43 PM
Well I'm damned if I can find anything like Misc Key settings anywhere. Another problem is that ML will not let me record RAW video at all no matter what king of setting I use, manual, auto, any res, PAL or NTSC; I get some kind of coloured graph with a line telling me that 40 odd frames were taken and '1 frame skipped' in red. There was a warning once that recording had stopped and that it was a bug that I should report. Normal and HDR video have no problems.
Perhaps we should cool down the hysteria a bit and let you guys do the thing in your own good time; I'm sure it will all come out beautifully in the end.

I "think" that just means your SD card is too slow.... I can get roughly 70-90 frames before I get the same error using 720p and down. anything higher and it conks out is 1-5 frames flat. I could be wrong, just what I experienced.
Canon T5I, EOS M2

Denisad

A 32GB grade 10 SunDisk Ultra? Well I hope you are wrong. And since you're here, do you have the Arrow/SET and Misc Key Settings in your Prefs menu, because I don't.

asilnevs

I tried Follow Focus but it doesn't react on the up/down/left/right keys.

Edit: I got Follow Focus working now after disabling the Movie Servo AF.

lllrinzlerlll

I just wanted to say how amazing this is! I bought my first DSLR a few weeks ago (700D) and have been playing with the standard features.
I mod just about every electronic device I own and after doing a bit of research on the ML website I downloaded the files from TheUnkn0wn and everything worked perfectly first time!
I'm used to messing around for a couple of days, possibly bricking the device multiple times before anything will get running.
But the development on ML is first class! thanks again guys.

lifanek

Quote from: TheUnkn0wn on August 17, 2013, 12:08:04 AM
700D.111 - Alpha Build [16082013]

WARNING : THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT BUILD, I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR IN USING THIS.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/65ixtqnkove2ztt/700D.111-16082013-ML.zip

P.S : My changes have been merged to the Magic-Lantern BitBucket now.
Thank You so much for this!! :) It works great! :)

Quote from: Denisad on August 18, 2013, 04:12:41 PM
Magic Zoom displays a heavy flicker that renders it unusable and there is no audio tab as yet but it all looks quite stable.

Quote from: wacru1 on August 18, 2013, 05:02:44 PM
also, when i press the play button, all is good. page through... fine. press play again to go back to shooting, doesn't respond. toggling live view resets or turning the camera off and on.

Same problems here :)

Quote from: Denisad on August 18, 2013, 05:55:57 PM
Another niggle, if I may: After changing the White Balance setting in the ML menu, going back to AWB is quite a rigmarole, for some reason. I can tap the screen back to AWB but the setting in the camera's own menu still reads Custom. The problem is that I cannot tell for sure which one is operative when I take the shot.

In my case when I'm NOT on LV, it shows K<value>. After I press Q button, there is a empty field that I can change for one of Canon's presets.

Quote from: asilnevs on August 20, 2013, 07:55:45 PM
I tried Follow Focus but it doesn't react on the up/down/left/right keys.

It works for me.

One more time - thank You very very much!  :)