donation via bitcoin

Started by swinxx, September 28, 2013, 11:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinxx

hello magic lantern.

do you also have a paypal donation email?
bitcoin is a myst for me, sorry.

thx sw

RenatoPhoto

I asked before and ask again.  PayPal please!
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

g3gg0

and we can just say the same again - with paypal donations we have to pay taxes and stuff....
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

maxotics

What about sending Amazon gift certificates, or global debit card payments, to individual developers?  I suppose we're free to do that now.  I see g3ggo, 1% and Andy600 doing a lot of work.  If this idea has any merit maybe we could have one page where each developer says what they'll accept, where to send it, or not take?

g3gg0

uhm, you forgot alex who does the most maintaining and new-feature work.

yeah some of us have set up an amazon wishlist ( http://www.amazon.de/registry/wishlist/2BPB17TSBQM9U/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go_o_C-1 )
but we didnt communicate this a lot.
alex, want to post yours too?
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

maxotics

Alex should have been online ;)  g3gg0, I sent you the step up rings.  The experience was probably worth $10 in entertainment value.  Google could sort of translate the pages from German, but not the buttons, so I guessed what they meant.  I wish my daughter was home, she did a Rotary thing in Germany a couple of years ago. 

swinxx

alright.
perhaps someone could explain the bitcoin donation procedure.. cause i only can find an adress from the magic lantern team, so what can i do with that..? have googled it but puh.. i havent found a way to buy bitcoins for donations..? do i need a special program?
greets.

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: swinxx on September 29, 2013, 08:24:33 AM
perhaps someone could explain the bitcoin donation procedure.. cause i only can find an adress from the magic lantern team, so what can i do with that..? have googled it but puh.. i havent found a way to buy bitcoins for donations..? do i need a special program?
Glad, I am not the only one with questions.  I figured you have to download a program but could not figure how to convert my money to bitcoins.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

g3gg0

Quote from: maxotics on September 29, 2013, 02:53:22 AM
Alex should have been online ;)  g3gg0, I sent you the step up rings.  The experience was probably worth $10 in entertainment value.  Google could sort of translate the pages from German, but not the buttons, so I guessed what they meant.  I wish my daughter was home, she did a Rotary thing in Germany a couple of years ago.

ah thanks a lot! where has your daugther been and where are you from?

g3gg0

Quote from: swinxx on September 29, 2013, 08:24:33 AM
perhaps someone could explain the bitcoin donation procedure..

yeah thats still the big problem - you cannot simply buy bitcoins with paypal.
you have e.g. to register at mt gox and buy some with you credit card.
but i didnt do it yet :)

maxotics

Quote from: g3gg0 on September 29, 2013, 05:36:06 PM
ah thanks a lot! where has your daugther been and where are you from?

When my daughter went to Germany she went to Penne/Hanover?   She said the joke for exchange students was "Wherever you ask them to send you, you end up in Germany"   We live in Cambridge, MA (near Boston).  My daughter is going to school in NYC, majoring in computer science.  She's taking C right now.

I told her, if you want the most free time to draw (she's into art), then get a big corporation computer job in something really difficult, like computer encryption/security.  They'll leave you alone in your office most of the time and won't bother you because they'll be afraid you'll start talking about prime number algorithms or something.  They'll just need you when an emergency arises.  Best of all, they'll pay you a lot of money to be there, but not getting in anyone's way.  I don't know if that's good advice, but the "pay a lot of money and eave you alone" thing struck a cord with her ;)

BTW, have been going through your MLFViewer code.  It's been very helpful.  Right now I'm working on the focus pixel stuff.  I may be useful to the project in a few weeks, if my old brain doesn't explode ;)

arrinkiiii

Still the only solution for donation is only bitcoin?  Don't have credit card, can't use bitcoin  >:( 

DeafEyeJedi

Magicians-

I know this is long overdue but apparently this is still a topic for most users...

Fortunately, I am not the only one with these questions.  I figured that I have to download a program (which I did) but could not figure how to convert my money to bit coins.

Any suggestions?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

condra

I would also like to donate to ML, with Paypal