ML 5D2 and motion control for HDR > EMOTIMO TB3 BLack trigger issues

Started by jplsfx, September 01, 2013, 04:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplsfx

Hello from France all.

I am using ML for most of my work photo (pano hdr- timelapse) and film (raw video).
I have a 3 axes motion control and wanted to use the ML bracketing power ( for more than 3 frames EXP- standard Canon)

All the remote is managed from the Emotimo, including the triggering.
that s a great tool for timelapse photography and Raw video traveling

the problem comes when I need to use ML braketting with it.
the Emo has an option call static time. it include the shutter open duration plus a subtle secure extra time. after it , the step motors moves immediately for the next position.

Example interval shooting 7 sec.

ML needs an immediate release for the full bracket sequence.
if I leave the static time at 0.1. ML will do the job. but the motors start immediately to move after 0.1. 

if I put an static time at 5 sec > ML take one frame and wait the end of the static time to make the rest .... of course the motors also moves.

no way for me to figure out except an option to say in ML (shoot preferences would be the perfect place). Shutter full  pressed (as apparently it is set during the static time) go ML !! chain the frames !

Voila, if my English is not clear enough, please don't hesitate to ask me back.
I asked the guy of EMotimo, they only work with the official firm release ... no way to configure a special option on the arduino to configure this option.

Do you think it's possible ?
Emotimo website > http://emotimo.com/

Merci ,

And thanks so much for all the advance you make for us !

ML for Timelapse and HDR/Panoramic photography and Video.
5DMKII + 550 D + G12(CHDK)
Various Lens + Dynamic Perception Dolly+ Merlin Head

jplsfx

no answer means not interesting , useless or out of subject ? or french ?  ;D

Seriously ?, any code person can give a feedback ?
ML for Timelapse and HDR/Panoramic photography and Video.
5DMKII + 550 D + G12(CHDK)
Various Lens + Dynamic Perception Dolly+ Merlin Head

chris1000

Hi,
I work with the very same equipment than you shooting HDR panos also.
So far it works.
There's a discussion somewhere addressing the workflow with external bracketing controllers, Google for "Promote Remote tb3" (or so).

In short it goes like this:
The eMotimo sends a single trigger impulse to the camera assuming it's for one exposure.
There's no way for the eMotimo to know it triggers a bracketing sequence.
So, once you have decided on your ML settings and established the base exposure you start the bracketing sequence on the camera and measure the time it takes for the whole sequence to finish.
This plus a little more is the Static Time you set for the eMotimo.

Example (my setup last night actually):
- ML set to 5 brackets, 1 EV apart, other options off.
- Base exposure time is 1"3
- Whole sequence of five shots lasts about 14 seconds.
- eMotimo Static Time set to 15 seconds.
- eMotimo Interval Time set long enough to cover for "Static Time + time for pictures written to card completely (can take longer over time) + eMotimo movement to finish + possible safety time for the whole setup to stop shaking (if so)" (= about 20 seconds).
Works for the eMotimo part (I have another issue, but not related to your question).

Chris
5D2, ML 2.3, eMotimo TB3 black