[IMPOSSIBLE] Using the built-in accelerometer to record on one of the audio

Started by Pi-Tone, September 29, 2013, 10:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pi-Tone

Hello!
Sorry for my inglish, im from russia :)
Read that in the 550d has an accelerometer, is it possible to make so that one of said channels of audio data from the accelerometer?
For example, L channel and record sound and R write waves of vibrations from the camera
This is very much helped to mount and would accelerate it.
Thank you!

a1ex

We don't know how to read the accelerometer directly, and Canon code reports orientation roughly 10 times per second (or maybe less).

bnvm

What kind of information is reported by the canon software? Accelerometer data has started being used for match moving, basically it is easier for the tracking software to solve the motion of the camera if it has some indication of what the camera was actually doing.

It seems like this is fairly new tech and I only know of 1 software that supports or will support using this data but it is supposed to make things much quicker and easier. I am not sure how many of you guys have experience with match moving but it can be a long process and very tricky to do for some shots.

a1ex

bnvm

3pointedit

Yes roll and pitch can easily be inferred from the recorded video, of more use would have been lateral and vertical motion. As these can be quite hard to detect without many foreground objects (parallax change).
550D on ML-roids