Font colour.

Started by Doyle4, September 24, 2013, 01:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doyle4

Hi there,

Going be working with a group who are dyslexic, some of them have color overlay gels that help them to read text better, i noticed there is various colours to choose but some use a light blue gel and a purple/violet colour, possible to add these colours to the build? i placed over the lcd screen with a gel that they used and the screen becomes lil to distort which dosnt help them read text on screen.

Not a problem if not, thanks :)

ItsMeLenny

It's not a bad idea but I'd just like to point out a couple of things.
I'm not sure if it exists where you are but I know people got prescribed a kind of chroma tinted glasses (I probably should get some myself).
But if they have those glasses (or if they have the chroma gel on their screen) if they have the wrong colour on their screen it would make things harder to read, because one colour would cancel out the other.
Possibly a better option would be not to create a different theme for each tint (because I believe there are a few right?) but to make a more plain colour that interacts better with any colour gel.

After writing that I realized you may have been talking about the option in "Display -> Advance Settings -> Color Scheme"

Doyle4

Yeah its the display font, alot struggle with white on black, couple like the dark red theme but others still struggled, so its just them two, when using word they change the background color to the gel colour and text to a darker colour of their gel, all the blue/purple gels are the same, so what i could do is use the kuda app get the colour code and itll be as close as possible then :)

If this is possible the blue colour code is #7ec3ea and purple is #b9a7f4

Cheers :)

ItsMeLenny

It would be interesting to see a black text on white theme, that would work well with gels.

Doyle4

i sometimes use that theme on the canon menu, does help now n again.

Think it distorts because there designed for paper n monitors.. shame.