[DONE] Peripheral Illumination Correction for non canon lenses

Started by sparedog, February 17, 2013, 12:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

a1ex

Umm... the 1080p videos from 5D3 are no longer playable because of flipping video modes (required to apply new vignette settings). Cleared settings and it's OK again. Enabled vignetting again, got corrupted videos again.

It's not from vignetting itself, but only happens when running flip_zoom (so... changing video modes from ML is not safe on 5D3).

Any such trouble on 6D?

Edit: found a way to update the vignetting correction without requiring video mode changes.

1%

I turned on vignetting (1,1,1) and recorded 3 or 4 1080/24P videos... other than the pink highlights they play back fine... both on the computer and in camera.

Also recorded time lapses this morning which I assume used the video mode flipping and they aren't corrupted.

*Tested video parameter changing... tested gop again and since you fixed it in the code it shows gop in video headers... just for ones that exist in fw tho like 15, 12, etc. Others are ommited and that setting is never written...

Got this in the morning.. I guess I have to look at job state prop:

ML ASSERT:
(int)state <= max_job_state
at ../../src/lens.c:1967 (_prop_handler_PROP_LAST_JOB_STATE), task PropMgr
lv:0 mode:3

Should check eosM and 650d for mode flipping & errors.

Greg

Indy

no they are different
with 24-105mm f/4 (lens_id=237) lens data for vignetting and chromatic aberration corrections is 2704 bytes long, and for lens optimization length is 54 102 768 bytes (downloaded 3005.bin in Canon/DPP/bin).

Quote from: Betelgeuza on March 15, 2013, 09:12:08 PM
in EOS Utility  i can load  to camera Lens Profiles and  i got there all my two lenses profiles (in EOU Utility )..so  if im right  profiles from EOS Utility are same lenses profiles what in DPP ,,

locoboy

i got a black spot in midel when i turn it on !
lens: 24-70 2.8 VC tamron

correction off

correction on

any idea how to solve this problem !!

1%

Try some different settings. You have to set it up per lens.

locoboy

Quote from: 1% on March 27, 2013, 03:43:19 PM
Try some different settings. You have to set it up per lens.
ahhh oki just saw theme !! i had an old build :D

Shield

Quote from: 1% on March 08, 2013, 12:13:38 AM
Canon menu -> 1st box. Peripheral ilumin. correct

You can upload more profiles with eos utility.

Sorry to bump an ancient topic, but has this been replaced by the "Vignette" option in the Video tab?
For those of you who use the Tamron 24-70 VC 2.8, what settings are you using?