6D won't record with ML

Started by dereyes, September 22, 2013, 09:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dereyes

Installed ML on my 6D and followed all instructions but when I record in raw it stops recording. Anyone can help me with this problem?

dereyes

I made both cards (16gb class 10 Sandisk and 4gb class 10) bootable. ML comes on as normal, I even turned on "raw" on "Video settings".

deletedAcc.0021

Quote from: dereyes on September 22, 2013, 09:05:31 PM
Installed ML on my 6D and followed all instructions but when I record in raw it stops recording. Anyone can help me with this problem?

Your resolution will determine the amount of time you can record before recording stops.  Try reducing the resolution.

dereyes

Quote from: dslrrookie on September 22, 2013, 09:16:27 PM
Your resolution will determine the amount of time you can record before recording stops.  Try reducing the resolution.
I turned resolution down to lowest and still won't record. Thx for the reply

deletedAcc.0021

Quote from: dereyes on September 22, 2013, 09:20:42 PM
I turned resolution down to lowest and still won't record. Thx for the reply

Check with one of the dev's regarding this then.  I believe 1% has been working with the 6D.

dereyes

1%

Quote16gb class 10 Sandisk and 4gb class 10

Not going to get much out of those. You should get some frames tho... maybe turn on frame skipping.

Marsu42

Quote from: dereyes on September 22, 2013, 09:09:21 PM
16gb class 10 Sandisk and 4gb class 10

"class 10" doesn't mean anything nowadays, it's an outdated spec from the days before the uhs-1 standard.

The important thing is the speed rating in mb/s and the type (for sandisk ultra, extreme, extreme pro) - you can then google for the max *write* speed your card supports, it should be faster or equal to the 40mb/s the 6d has... though as you probably know this is not enough for continuous raw recording in any case.

Edit: As far as I see it the older 45mb/s extreme or newer 80mb/s extreme are your best bet for the 6d.

1%

720P is still continuous even on MLV. The next size up does slightly worse. And of course you can lose some H for more W.. that's why people are recording 1600x600 or something.

I think those cards actually sucked when they weren't outdated... like for H264.

dereyes

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll try and get a better card and see it works. What cards are being used that performs the best? I've seen some pretty awesome raw footage on YouTube with the 6D! My goal is to get that same quality.

Marsu42

Quote from: 1% on September 22, 2013, 10:34:41 PM
720P is still continuous even on MLV.

Ok, though as far as the reviews say just like on my 60d moire is much worse in 720p :-\ ... but I'm eager to see for myself, my 6d is arriving tomorrow ... and I just patched in my personal changes into your fork so I'm ready to go :-)

Quote from: dereyes on September 22, 2013, 11:21:50 PMWhat cards are being used that performs the best?

I ordered the new Sandisk Extreme with 80mb/s which is much cheaper than the Extreme Pro (95mb/s) ... the reviews say the 32gb version should more than keep up with the max. write speed of the 6d. Beware though, different card sizes might have different write speeds, even if it's the same nominal card type.

1%

QuoteOk, though as far as the reviews say just like on my 60d moire is much worse in 720p

Only CF cameras can do the whole LV image.. this is a 720P crop from 1080/24fps. Recording in actual 720P60 with fps override gives you the full image but its squished and rather moire filled.

I think the 45MB/s card is the same as the 80MB/s card, they upgraded their product line. The previous "class 10" stuff was pretty bad.

dereyes

I jus realized my 16gb Sandisk speed is only 20mb! I guess thats my problem there.