Screenshot before Raw crop record.

Started by Doyle4, September 22, 2013, 04:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doyle4

Would it be possible to have an option before filming in crop to make sure you are capturing correctly.

For instance, enable raw and x5, go to ML RAW video menu and select grab frame, this then takes a single frame dng and opens up in picview/file manager to show what framing is going to look like, once happy, simply press record, if not happy, compose around take another grab and see if its correct.

Please correct me if what you see in x5 is exactly what will be recorded, iv only shot a couple times on it while back and what was centre was in centre but there was more to the footage than LV was displaying.

Cheers.

RenatoPhoto

On 5D3 if you enable Global Draw On the image will be framed for you in RAW recording at 5X.  Should me on most cameras but not sure which ones will work.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

Doyle4

i have the 5D2 so when camera back ill will have a look and update, cheers for the reply.