Can't Make SD card Bootable

Started by ptaylor999, September 22, 2013, 08:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptaylor999

Hi all.

I'm really hoping someone can help me here.  I'm tring to install ML on my 5dM3 but am having a problem making the SD card bootable. I'm at the point where I have formatted the SD card (Transcend 8gb SDHC) in the camera, copied all the necessary files over to it, and am now ATTEMPTING to use EOScard.exe to make it bootable, before I update the firmware. The card is formatted FAT32.

Whenever I run EOScard I see an error on the bottom of the GUI that says "FAT32 VBR load failed",

The information displayed in the GUI is there, but everything is greyed out, including the check boxes. Clicking Refresh does not help.

I've searched high and low on the web and the only POSSIBLE solution I found was someone who said he skipped the EOScard step and just went right to the firmware update. I don't want to try that solution as it worries me.

Has anyone out there run into this before? How did you solve this problem?

Thanks everyone.

ptaylor999

Figured it out myself, folks. Or, kind of. Not sure why, but it seems the card reader that is built into my Toshiba Qosmio was not loading the VBR. But my other laptop did with no problem. I'm up and running with ML now, and loving it. Big fat kudos to all the devs out there!

Greggoleefilms

Thanks a million this works using external card reader kudos!!!!