[deprecated] MLV Viewer to view .mlv (and .raw) files on windows (C#)

Started by g3gg0, September 22, 2013, 01:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g3gg0

are you sure there are the files
D:\\DCIM\\100EOS5D\\M31-1431.M00
D:\\DCIM\\100EOS5D\\M31-1431.M01 etc?
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Jason Montalvo

g3gg0

plus can you D/L this version and replace the shipped one with that?
want to see the .dng output again.
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

g3gg0

uhmmm.... did you enable spanning and forgot to copy the files from the SD card?

Jason Montalvo

Quote from: g3gg0 on January 02, 2014, 02:27:56 AM
uhmmm.... did you enable spanning and forgot to copy the files from the SD card?

ummm I did  :-[  :-[  :-[

I'm really sorry, didn't realize I had that on. Is there a link where I can send you some money for your wasted time ? Again I'm sorry

g3gg0

no problem.
nah, don't need any money. doing that for fun, not for money ;)

Jason Montalvo

pc_bel

Ooooohhhh!!! Same for me!!!!  Sorry!!!!
I was learning all that I can in beginners topics and didn't see nothing about this files in SD card.

Now it works OK.

For me all this is a revolution. Thanks MagicLantern and developers!!!
Thank you very much for your time, g3gg0!!!!

ted ramasola

If I point MLVbroswer towards the folder with many footage, say more than 40 MLVs, it would freeze or hang up when I click multiple files.
I was able to select and extract around 12 files then after that freezing would happen If I continue to select more files for extraction of DNGs and WAV.

Some thumbnail would not show and have out of memory text inside.

I would right click on selected MLV clips to export but right click would not work and no option would to extract would show when I right click.

What I did in to extract my files is to "transfer MLVs in batches of 8 into another folder and MLV browser would work  again even when I select all of the 8 files then extract.

Is this a memory issue or a bug? My system has 12 gig ram, win 7 64 bit.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

ted ramasola

Slowly increased number of files I placed in a new folder for extract to 20 files. So far no more freezes. Able to extract dng and wav files successfully.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

g3gg0

fixed a bug in mlv_dump that may have caused problems during export.
updated all binaries now.

ahram

In Mavericks it doesnt work out to me. I also installed Mono. Is there any kind of trick for OS?
thanks

kgv5

I am constantly having problems with MLV Browser stability - it crashes very often after i try to process more than 5-8 mlv files at once (win7 64bit, newest build)
Is it possible to make MLV browser create folders for every processed file? And next question - lets say i put 30 mlv files at once. It is processing all 30 in the same time? Seems that it is, so could we have some kind of queue? And the last thing - please g3gg0, make just a list of files and option to turn on previews. Now previews are on by default which makes it freezes when im opening folder with 250 mlv inside. Ahh... seems that ctrl-a does not work, could you implement "select all" option? Thanks
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

g3gg0

Quote from: kgv5 on January 05, 2014, 10:08:13 PM
I am constantly having problems with MLV Browser stability - it crashes very often after i try to process more than 5-8 mlv files at once (win7 64bit, newest build)
something that will for sure suprise you:
without any information what happens, i can not do anything. screenshots, logs, messages....
;)

Quote from: kgv5 on January 05, 2014, 10:08:13 PM
And the last thing - please g3gg0, make just a list of files and option to turn on previews
already tried unchecking that preview checkbox?

kgv5

Quote from: g3gg0 on January 06, 2014, 12:33:05 AM
something that will for sure suprise you:
without any information what happens, i can not do anything. screenshots, logs, messages....
;)
already tried unchecking that preview checkbox?

I know, I will post those messages, i am still testing and still have more than 150 mlv files to process.

Yeah, i have unchecked this. I have just realized that it is possible to switch it off BEFORE entering folder with 350 mlv inside, sorry for that.

EDIT: i am often getting this message (in polish) - but i can contunue after that

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Wartość '-2147483648' nie jest prawidłową wartością dla 'Value'. Wartość 'Value' powinna znajdować się w zakresie od 'minimum' do 'maximum'.
Nazwa parametru: Value
   w System.Windows.Forms.ProgressBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
   w MLVBrowseSharp.ConversionProgressItem.tim_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Zestawy załadowane **************
mscorlib
    Wersja zestawu: 2.0.0.0
    Wersja Win32: 2.0.50727.5472 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MLVBrowseSharp
    Wersja zestawu: 1.0.0.0
    Wersja Win32: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/oem/Downloads/MLVViewSharp/MLVBrowseSharp.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Wersja Win32: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Wersja Win32: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Wersja Win32: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MLVViewSharp
    Wersja zestawu: 1.0.0.0
    Wersja Win32: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/oem/Downloads/MLVViewSharp/MLVViewSharp.EXE
System.Core
    Wersja zestawu: 3.5.0.0
    Wersja Win32: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Wersja Win32: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_pl_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
    Wersja Win32: 2.0.50727.5472 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

************** Debugowanie w trybie JIT **************
Aby włączyć debugowanie w trybie JIT (just-in-time), plik .config tej
aplikacji lub komputera (machine.config) musi mieć
wartość jitDebugging ustawioną w sekcji system.windows.forms.
Aplikacja musi być również skompilowana z włączonym
debugowaniem.

Na przykład:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Gdy debugowanie JIT jest włączone, wszystkie nieobsługiwane wyjątki
są wysyłane do debugera JIT zarejestrowanego na komputerze
i nie są obsługiwane w tym oknie dialogowym.

www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

MichaelHeiland

when i right click to make my files into a raw or like raw plus audio as I have seen in other videos I get just the regular drop down menu: open, Open With >, Send To>, Cut, copy etc etc. 

What I am talking about:  At exactly 8:00 minutes on this video http://vimeo.com/83449475 he just right clicks the files and WALA he can get the cdng + audio.  When I right click I get the same menu as I get inside file explorer.

Can someone please just tell me the best way to get my MLV to cinema dng and then an audio track?  Is that to much to ask for?
5D iii, 60D and EOS-M

g3gg0

new version:
- fixed crashes due to the reason reported by kgv5 (#214), still may behave weird (can i get such a file log?)
- maximum running export tasks set to 4 (do we need to make it configurable?)

ted ramasola

Quote from: g3gg0 on January 06, 2014, 10:22:34 AM

- maximum running export tasks set to 4 (do we need to make it configurable?)

to be clear, does this mean only 4 clips at a time can be selected and exported simultaneously without crashing ?
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

ted ramasola

-ok. I did some export tests and see what you mean.

Even if I select all clips, only four (4) clips will be processed at one time. This is good and fast.

Just a suggestion if this is possible.

Is it doable to queue the process according to clip number or in sequence? So that, in case the export is stopped abruptly by the user it would be easier to continue later by just checking the last clip in the export folder?

Right now I observed that the queue selection is random.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

budafilms

MLV Sharp doesn't work in OSX Mavericks... Any suggestion?

dxotic

I downloaded MLVBrowseSharp_OSX.zip and MonoFramework-MRE-3.2.4.macos10.xamarin.x86.pkg (http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html) I am on ML 10.8.3 Mac Mini 16Gb RAM

FWIW  I do have X11 installed also. this might make a difference

After installing and restarting it worked as per Danne instructions

IT WORKS! I had an issue  with the MLVBrowseSharp crashing  and reinstalled the MonoFramework-MRE and it was back to normal. Hope that helps the Mac users out there.

Thank you to the Magic Lantern community. and g3gg0  Awesome work. Have been using it in production and have been incredibly pleased and want to thank you all for sharing. Much LOVE.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hmm  having issues with the output. But at least i can view it for now.

gary2013

I downloaded the latest ver from the first post here and I tried a batch extract using just two mlv files I shot on my M. There isn't the green status bar for each clip like I used to see when extracting.

g3gg0

Quote from: gary2013 on January 07, 2014, 01:12:09 PM
I downloaded the latest ver from the first post here and I tried a batch extract using just two mlv files I shot on my M. There isn't the green status bar for each clip like I used to see when extracting.
can you post me the log?
(www.pastebin.com)

jose_ugs

@g3gg0, i was testing today's mlv_rec and the latest mlv viewer/browser and noticed this inconsistency in the frames #... just check the scrn below:

ps. on that note, multiple export works just fine. fine job's what you did :)