[deprecated] MLV Viewer to view .mlv (and .raw) files on windows (C#)

Started by g3gg0, September 22, 2013, 01:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgv5

Great app, thanks!
I was thinking, that maybe you g3gg0 or someone else in some time could make couple more functionalities like (i dont know if this is possible):

-when checking/viewing files straight from the SD/CF card or external HDD ability to mark files as "good" and "bad" and then copy only the good ones to main HDD (there could be dozens of files with similar names)
- or maybe somehow connect this viewer to dng extracting app like RAWanizer so just after watching the files one could select only some of them to make further dng extraction

However, it is huge a time saver as it is now  :D thanks again
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

g3gg0

even better.
i spent 4 hours with a bit of C# and windows forms and implemented "MLV Browser", a previewing
folder browser for Magic Lantern .raw and .mlv video files.

just download the package from the first post.

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Danne

wow, really nice! Ran it in virtual box. Very useful indeed. Thanks a lot g3ggO

kgv5

damn, it is great!!

to make life even easier one can right click on the thumbnail, click "open with" and than choose mlv view sharp to view full screen.
thanks g3gg0

EDIT: does copy/paste already works?
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

g3gg0

Quote from: kgv5 on November 12, 2013, 12:25:06 AM
damn, it is great!!

to make life even easier one can right click on the thumbnail, click "open with" and than choose mlv view sharp to view full screen.
thanks g3gg0

yep, thats what i meant with default app handler in the main post.
but i already added doubleclicking - when multiple files were selected, only the *doubleclicked* item will get executed. not all.

Quote from: kgv5 on November 12, 2013, 12:25:06 AM
EDIT: does copy/paste already works?

yep - the gui just wont update itself, you have to reselect the folder to update the icons
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: g3gg0 on November 11, 2013, 11:55:01 PM
even better.
i spent 4 hours with a bit of C# and windows forms and implemented "MLV Browser", a previewing
folder browser for Magic Lantern .raw and .mlv video files.
I like it!  The browser gave me quite a jolt when all of the videos started playing at once  ;D ;D ;D
Great work and thanks for sharing!
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

g3gg0

they could play faster, but that wont be that good for the responsiveness of your system ;)

RenatoPhoto

Found a bug!  When playing spanned files ie  xxx.raw and xxx.R00 I get corrupt views for the first third of the video then it gets corrected.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

g3gg0

Quote from: RenatoPhoto on November 12, 2013, 12:45:54 AM
Found a bug!  When playing spanned files ie  xxx.raw and xxx.R00 I get corrupt views for the first third of the video then it gets corrected.

can you redownload and test it?

g3gg0

i added a new feature to seek within a video:
- when a file is selected, you can CLICK and HOLD the left mouse button on the icon and DRAG left and right to seek in the file

just select a file (blue highlight)
click the left mouse button on the image icon and move the mouse a little bit left and right.
the file position is changed according to the mouse position.
left corner of the icon is frame 0, the right border is the file end.

arrinkiiii

Very good indeed  :D I already can see it...

ML Browser + ML Viewer + MLV2Output = 1 GUI 

Danne

Very, very useful. Will shorten workflow a lot. I noticed when dragging all the way to the right and pass the thumbnail it goes into "System.Indexoutof..." You,re probably aware.
Thanks!

g3gg0

Quote from: Danne on November 12, 2013, 09:44:48 PM
Very, very useful. Will shorten workflow a lot. I noticed when dragging all the way to the right and pass the thumbnail it goes into "System.Indexoutof..." You,re probably aware.

nope, wasnt. thanks for reporting.
fixed, can you try?

also the doubleclick behavior is internally different, which should prevent crashes/hangs when using with mono.

Danne

Works!
Important tools created. Really like the flow going from scrolling thumbs straight to the viewer doubleclicking. Both raw and mlv.

gerk.raisen

Hello,

I think a useful feature it's the ability to delete files from within the MLV Browser.
Often there are some files that you recognize as bad/wrong from the beginning.
Now the mouse right click open the context menu but when you try to delete a file, Windows recognize the file as in use and it's not possible.
Be able to stop "rendering" some files (so you can delete them) maybe will also speed up other files.

g3gg0

Quote from: gerk.raisen on November 13, 2013, 10:39:07 AM
Hello,

I think a useful feature it's the ability to delete files from within the MLV Browser.
Often there are some files that you recognize as bad/wrong from the beginning.
Now the mouse right click open the context menu but when you try to delete a file, Windows recognize the file as in use and it's not possible.
Be able to stop "rendering" some files (so you can delete them) maybe will also speed up other files.

ok, deleting might be an issue, will check tonight.

when you select multiple files using CTRL, the animation stops. (check latest version, maybe you have an older one)

gerk.raisen

I was already using the latest version (downloaded some minutes before posting)

Select multiple file with CTRL play selected files at full speed, not stop the animation  :(

Also have the ability to enlarge a little the animation windows it can became a great feature :)

g3gg0

Oh then I forgot to upload the latest version.will do tonight.

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: g3gg0 on November 12, 2013, 08:03:06 PM
can you redownload and test it?
Spanned RAW files now work well!  Thanks

I noticed that the previews in the MLVBrowseSharp do not have pink in overexposed areas so: is it possible to get rid of the pink of the overexposed areas in the MLVViewSharp?

bouncyball

Hi g3gg0. Can you make the simultaneous playback of all clips optional? Adding some switch to turn this on/off.

BB

g3gg0

Quote from: RenatoPhoto on November 13, 2013, 01:47:15 PM
I noticed that the previews in the MLVBrowseSharp do not have pink in overexposed areas so: is it possible to get rid of the pink of the overexposed areas in the MLVViewSharp?

previews do not use color conversion matrices.
you can disable them in MLV Viewer too. (right click)

advantage of matrices: colors look how they should look
disadvantage: you get pink cast in areas where the green channel is overexposed

g3gg0

Quote from: bouncyball on November 13, 2013, 04:53:46 PM
Hi g3gg0. Can you make the simultaneous playback of all clips optional? Adding some switch to turn this on/off.

for which reason?

bouncyball

Quote from: g3gg0 on November 13, 2013, 06:15:14 PM
for which reason?

The same reason you mentioned above "stress on a system".  On SSD it's not noticeable on a regular HDD even on 1fps it is pain for 20+ clips in a folder.
Poor magnetic heads are going crazy. Anyway it's an early development (but great) tool so never mind :)

BB

escho

Quote from: g3gg0 on November 12, 2013, 10:22:50 PM
fixed, can you try?

also the doubleclick behavior is internally different, which should prevent crashes/hangs when using with mono.

Now I can use the double click without freezing. Works well, but is quite easy to crash mlv_browser on my system. For example: Rightclick in a clip freezes the mlv_browser-window:

edgar@linux-lyl7:~/Downloads/MLVViewSharp(1)> wine MLVBrowseSharp.exe
fixme:wincodecs:PngDecoder_Block_GetCount 0x137ba60,0x33eec8: stub
fixme:wincodecs:PngDecoder_Block_GetCount 0x137ba60,0x33eec8: stub
fixme:wincodecs:PngDecoder_Block_GetCount 0x12a86c0,0x33eec8: stub
fixme:wincodecs:PngDecoder_Block_GetCount 0x1396998,0x33eec8: stub
fixme:wincodecs:PngDecoder_Block_GetCount 0x13b2df8,0x33eec8: stub
fixme:wincodecs:PngDecoder_Block_GetCount 0x138c700,0x33eec8: stub
err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 1184 bytes in thread 0018 eip 7bc590ad esp 00240e90 stack 0x240000-0x241000-0x340000

Edgar
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

g3gg0

Quote from: bouncyball on November 13, 2013, 08:02:07 PM
The same reason you mentioned above "stress on a system".  On SSD it's not noticeable on a regular HDD even on 1fps it is pain for 20+ clips in a folder.
Poor magnetic heads are going crazy. Anyway it's an early development (but great) tool so never mind :)

its harder to not play the video than to play it :)
which frame should i display? at which brightness?

let me play a bit, maybe i can find a good answer.