[deprecated] MLV Viewer to view .mlv (and .raw) files on windows (C#)

Started by g3gg0, September 22, 2013, 01:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psantia

The viewer for Mac OS X dose not work on the late Mac OS 10.9.2,at peast for me..it s a shame so no audio,for now

rrrmusic

Quote from: pstutter on April 21, 2014, 04:08:33 AM
I'm having a little trouble using these (MLVViewSharp/BrowseSharp/MLV_Dump) for the first time. I've always used mlv2dng but wanted to try these since the features are great. I also have my first multiple part file and am unsure how to proceed. I have a .IDX, a .MLV, and 9 other files, numbered .M00 to .M08, which are each 0 kb. BrowseSharp sees the entire file, and ViewSharp will preview the entire file, but when I try to extract .dng's, the process stops at 284 and I'm not sure why. The shot is 1380 frames, but is only ever extracts 284. The first time it showed up in BrowseSharp it said there were errors and was missing 25 entries or something. I've heard mlv_dump can sometimes extract these so I tried running that from a command prompt, but cannot get it to work. I only get:

'.' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I'm not sure where the program needs to be, or how exactly to run it. I saw tutorials for mac, but I'm on a pc, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I have the same problem with some important shots. I tried with mlv_dump, raw2cdng, mlrawviewer and don't extract all the frames. mlv_dump -F 1 --dng ***.mlv without luck. Please help if exist any way to fix this files to extract all the frames.

DjJuvan

Why doesn't this file manager program have mass export mlv's in to separate folders? It's kinda wrong if it exports all dng's in to one location  :-\

budafilms

jimmyD30

Quote from: budafilms on May 17, 2014, 10:38:03 PM
Doesn't work on OSX Mavericks.

Works on OSX 10.9.3, make sure you have latest version Mono MRE installed, you can get it here: http://en.sourceforge.jp/projects/sfnet_mono.mirror/downloads/Mono%203.4.0/MonoFramework-MRE-3.4.0.macos10.xamarin.x86.pkg/

Took a while for it to run the first time after Mono MRE install, just let the wheel spin (still was a little weird, only really kicked in after waiting a while then mousing over app in dock) ... Then it starts very quickly after that, my experience anyway :-)

Also, probably not required, but I restarted computer after install (old PC habits die hard I guess).

jwinter

Hi,

Apologies in advance, as I am new.  I have read through as much as I can and my problem remains.
Using the latest nightly (not confidently, don't know if there is a more stable version to shoot raw) on 5d2, shooting MLV with sound.  The MLV viewer plays back the MLVs ok (colour is fine etc, playback a little slow on my little macbook pro.  However, when I export to MOV, the end result is a black screen with green marks on it every time. 

Also the sound is not working (plays a bit, not all), but perhaps that is irrelevant here.

Thank you.

DeafEyeJedi

all of a sudden the MLV dumper stopped working running Mavricks on 2006 Macbook Pro...

anyone else out there out experiencing the same issue?

(I accidentally posted this in the wrong section of the forum -- not sure how to delete this and move it over to the MLV Dump section -- my fault @a1ex)
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

dmilligan

rename "mlv_dump.osx" to just "mlv_dump" or change your command to: "./mlv_dump.osx --dng M07-1914.MLV"

DeafEyeJedi

Thanks for the hint @dmilligan and I am enjoying your latest MLVFS so far... looking forward to future updates as we all grow within the magic...

DeafEyeJedi

Just downloaded the latest update few mins ago.. Thanks @dmilligan! Will let you know how it goes..

Question -- is it always reccommended to take the files out from the mount folder and into the file system (desktop, external drives, etc) as oppose to try running apps within the mount folder itself?

Perhaps it would run faster running off the system rather than or does that not matter?

CapitaN

g3ggo, can you upload MLVViewSharp.exe again? The link you have posted in the first post doesn't work anymore.

aworkofmarc

Yes please -- I second that!  The link to download is broken and doing a search comes up empty. I can not find the program anywhere and, thus far... it's the only way I've found to convert my MLV files to RAW...  accordin to this guy:

Thanks.
If you can't fix it with a hammer -- Ya got an electrical problem.

g3gg0

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

aworkofmarc

aworkofmarc

Hi.

To convert my MLV into RAW I open MLV Browser, select the file I wanted converted, right click and select "Export selected file as RAW + WAV... select the location.. the progress bar shows.. spits out ONLY a RAW file. No WAV file to be seen.

Any ideas why?

I'm following along with this guy at min 3:00
and it works for him!.

Thanks

JChance

Hey everyone, new to shooting raw. I tried dowloading MLVBrowseSharp and when installed it doesnt seem to open?

I'm running OS X 10.9.5