[deprecated] MLV Viewer to view .mlv (and .raw) files on windows (C#)

Started by g3gg0, September 22, 2013, 01:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary2013

Quote from: g3gg0 on January 07, 2014, 02:55:36 PM
can you post me the log?
(www.pastebin.com)
I just did a whole new, fresh install of my win 7 computer and the MLV Browser now works properly with the green status bars.

Sthirasukha

I tried the MLVBrowseSharp.app and I can have Raw or dng files but I don't have any audio file. I've a (stupid?) question: how am I sure that the sound is recorded (like it is on a H624 .mov) when I record with the MLV_rec module? Many thanks again.

g3gg0

enable mlv_snd and go to audio menu and enable MLV Sound
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Sthirasukha

Thank you g3gg0! I installed your build and removed the other nighly build.
Now I can see the mlv_snd module but when I record (the global draw is ON), the global draw turn to off on the LV and when I stop recording I have a "error -1" on the top left. Did I miss something?

Sthirasukha

I just saw there is another topic about the MLV install:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7122.1175
I think I'd rather keep on ask my question on this topic...
Thanks!

africanmarty

irst off great job everyone for their hard work. i have been on here quite along time and just love the community. i have recently tried the :

Nightly Builds "Updated from 1% repository (https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/commits/all)
http://tl.bot-fly.com"

wich does work well and produce an audio track that is fantastic to sinc up to master audio track, however when i process a  MLV files in  mlvBrowseSharp and set the DNG and .wav option" and get the  DNGs + .wav audio file... but the RAW images are very under exposed and dark.

So i tried the command told "MLV-dump" and was able to extract the audio and DNG files (in which the dng files looked fantastic this time).

is there a setting i can turn off in  mlvBrowseSharp so the raw imaes are left as is and exported from the MLV unchanged. i;m sure uts just a setting im missing thanks in advance guys.

really appreciate it. A big fan from Melbourne Australia saying a big thankyou to the whole community.

- Marty.

g3gg0

mlv_dump produces the same images as MLVBrowseSharp.
thats because MLVBriwseSharp executes mlv_dump for exporting ;)
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

Danne

Hi!
Both the recusrsive.command script and the mlv_browser converts spanned files which is really good. I was wondering if the script would apply to raw2dng binary the same way extracting "spanned" files(split files) or is that a totally different story?
Thanks!
//D

Pidji

Just to say "thanks" to this useful topic. I'am an OSX user (10.7.5), MLVBrowseSharp app seemed not to launch before I installed the mono framework et Xquartz. Now it's OK. I can try this beautiful MLV Xmas gift with sound. See you soon for a short video.
5D mark III, with cool ML RAW videographer  :-) https://vimeo.com/pidji

Fringuello

Italy - canon 7D

Pidji

5D mark III, with cool ML RAW videographer  :-) https://vimeo.com/pidji

reddeercity

@g3gg0 I had a error message From MLVBrowseSharp on PC
See below:
Please contact g3gg0 with this information:
The volume for a file has been externally altered so the opened file is no longer valid.

at System.IO._Error.WinIOError(int32 errorCode, String maybefullpath)
at System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[]buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.FileStream.FlushWrite(Boolean calledFromFinalizer)
at System.IO.FileStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at System.IO.Stream.Close()
at System.IO.BinaryWriter.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at System.IO.BinaryWriter.Close()
at mlv_view_sharp.MLVReader.SaveIndex()
at mlv_view_sharp.MLVReader.UpdateIndex()
at mlv_view_sharp.MLVReader..ctor(String fileName,MLVBlockHandler handle)
at MLVBrowseSharp.MLVFileIcon.DisplayFunc()
at System.threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.threading.ExecutionContext.run(ExecutionContext excutionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

After that the programs crashed

g3gg0

reddeercity

Quote from: g3gg0 on February 15, 2014, 01:31:27 PM
what did you do?
plug the memory card?
yes, run off usb3.0  card reader. Never had a problem before .
Plus had the new feb14th mlv build from A.D.

jose_ugs

@g3gg0 could you take a look @ this one pls:
Out of memory, system memory that is?

g3gg0

yeah seems so that the memory ran out. does it happen with only that files in the directory too?

jose_ugs

i think so, that's the first time ever i see the thumbs like that, and also the exception in the details
i'll try to move those specific files to another folder, and what's happening...

jose_ugs

i believe that was the issue...
i've moved some files to a separate folder, and now the thumbs look all right...
but here's more, i've done this: i have some files in a folder called e:\folder (about 50GB in 108files/spanned)
i got some more in a sub-folder: e:\folder\Problematic (about 20GB in 18 files/spanned as well)
If i launch MLVBrowseSharp and navigate to e:\folder it'll generate the thumbs as expected and it'll eat up about 1.4GB of RAM
If i then choose the sub-folder from the directory structure inside MLVBS, it'll generate 5 of 9 thumbs, and the rest look like the "Exception of type..." / all messed up, and MLVBS will be eating about 1GB of RAM
In both steps i have enough RAM left, the system has 8GB... i can attach some screenshots if you need some

André Normandin

I don't know why, I can't install it on my macbook. My computer recognizes it as a virus. And when I try to install it, I get a code error 13... Any idea what I can do?

beddy70

Very nice work !
Unfortunately, it don't want run on my OS X (10.8.5)

_DK_

Hi
I got an error that the program told me to report:

Object reference is not set to an instance of an object.
at mlv_view_sharp.MLVReader.ReadBlock()
at mlv_view_sharp.MLVViewerForm.PlayFile()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object
state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

This is a translation as my system is set to German the original is here:
(http://s1.directupload.net/images/140409/2uqtebv3.png)

After the error the program crashed.

Some info about my System if needed:
CPU: i7 2600k, 8GB Ram. The data was moved from the SD card to a SSD in a seperate folder
Camera: EOS 650D (Maybe thats the problem?)

This happens to all MLV files.

Sorry if that problem has already been reported.
EOS 650D, 17-50 2.8, Nifty Fifty, Tamron 70-300mm
Sorry if my English is a little bad as I am not a native speaker

DesterWallaboo

Been using MLVBrowseSharp on Mac OS X 10.9.2  for some time without any issues. Today I tried to use it and every time I select a folder with the MLV files, it crashes out. I downloaded the latest version to see if there has been any changes, but it appears to be the same Dec 25, 2013 version I'm already using.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to solve it?

g3gg0

pstutter

I'm having a little trouble using these (MLVViewSharp/BrowseSharp/MLV_Dump) for the first time. I've always used mlv2dng but wanted to try these since the features are great. I also have my first multiple part file and am unsure how to proceed. I have a .IDX, a .MLV, and 9 other files, numbered .M00 to .M08, which are each 0 kb. BrowseSharp sees the entire file, and ViewSharp will preview the entire file, but when I try to extract .dng's, the process stops at 284 and I'm not sure why. The shot is 1380 frames, but is only ever extracts 284. The first time it showed up in BrowseSharp it said there were errors and was missing 25 entries or something. I've heard mlv_dump can sometimes extract these so I tried running that from a command prompt, but cannot get it to work. I only get:

'.' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I'm not sure where the program needs to be, or how exactly to run it. I saw tutorials for mac, but I'm on a pc, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.