My dng images are clear, but premiere footage is NOT

Started by Bogiesmokes, April 30, 2018, 10:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogiesmokes

Hello,

I have a 5dmiii and this is my first time shooting/processing raw video with magic lantern.  I am using MLVFS for conversion, After Effects for editing and stitching, and premiere for post.  When I am editing a clip in premiere and the clip is paused, the image is super crisp.  When it starts playing in a workflow box, a hint of static emerges and the crispness disappears. I am changing the fps to 23.976 in After Effects and savings as ProRes422HQ. 

If anyone can help me out or let me know what's going on, I'd greatly appreciate it.

-Matt

50mm1200s

You have to change the preview mode in Premiere Pro. In order to decrease the computational power required to playback in realtime, Premiere Pro lowers quality of the image. You can click in a button in the right corner. It's probably "1/4" you have to change to "full" or something like that...

Bogiesmokes

I haven't found that button yet, but the video seems to look this way when I open it from my desktop after it is saved from After Effects.  I'm hoping its fixed when I export in premiere, which I am trying now as a test even though I'm not done.  Will let you know.  Thanks!