Audio output through HDMI

Started by onegreenev, September 21, 2013, 12:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onegreenev

Now I know that if I record I can play back with audio via the HDMI. What I am asking is if there is a way to get audio out through the HDMI cable when the camera is just ON. Like when I connect my camera to my TV and do some fun takes but without actually recording. Problem is there is NO sound being sent through the HDMI. Reason I ask is because a I can record what the sensor sees but need to also record audio at the same time without having separate audio recording equipment to haul around. I think the HyperDeck Shuttle 2 could open you to the world of Raw and Apple ProRes from a camera that won't record video that way. But if you use a Canon camera it needs to output audio when the camera is JUST ON. Not just while recording.

Is there a way to allow audio through the HDMI cable out when the camera is just on?

Pete :)

Steven

I now use an external recorder all the time, especially when I am shooting raw. I recognized, that the start stop beep is sent through hdmi and gets properly recorded on the hyper deck shuttle 2 so in theory it should be possible to direct sound towards hdmi.
Next to proper triggering this would be a great improvement of my raw workflow!

stevefal

Talking of Hyperdeck Shuttle and RAW seems misinformed. Neither Canon nor ML send RAW data via HDMI. The HDMI signal is 8-bit.
Steve Falcon