600D Sraw

Started by Doyle4, September 20, 2013, 04:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doyle4

I noticed this got removed awhile back as it could not be changed back from canon menu.

im really liking some of the new features and hate going back to and old firmware to use Sraw, could it be possible to be made into a module so people can have a choice of using it? be great if you could! card gets full very quick shooting full 18mp RAW images.

Cheers.

deletedAcc.0021

Quote from: Doyle4 on September 20, 2013, 04:54:33 PM
I noticed this got removed awhile back as it could not be changed back from canon menu.

im really liking some of the new features and hate going back to and old firmware to use Sraw, could it be possible to be made into a module so people can have a choice of using it? be great if you could! card gets full very quick shooting full 18mp RAW images.

Cheers.

I dont' think it was ever available in the nightlies ....

I'm still using TL2.0, but I don't use sraw when recording raw.  I don't need it, I get the same frame count with or without it.  I'm shooting at 24 fps in Canon's menu.

a1ex

Just look my previous posts about sraw (and how much time I've spent to unbrick my 5D2 after playing with picture quality settings).

Most people from here underestimate the risk, but I've learned it the hard way.

deletedAcc.0021

Quote from: a1ex on September 20, 2013, 05:03:20 PM
Just look my previous posts about sraw (and how much time I've spent to unbrick my 5D2 after playing with picture quality settings).

Yep, I did ... and haven't used it since.

Doyle4

Quote from: a1ex on September 20, 2013, 05:03:20 PM

Ahhhh... didnt know it had done that, was wondering why something good was pulled.. its a dark horse.

@dslrrookie i dont shoot raw video on my 600D, use my mkii for that :) was wanting a smaller raw image for photo's. shame canon didn't implement it into there own firmware.