Canon 70D

Started by teo770, September 20, 2013, 03:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janoschsimon

sweetttt great news we get hope :D

k1w1

Nikfreak/Nanomad (if you're back), please check your PMs for a message from me.

I've been doing a bit of work on analysing the 70D ROMs which I hope will be useful to help someone move things along.

Let me know if any questions.

:)
EOS 7DII, EOS 70D, EF 70-200 f/2.8L USM, Sigma 150-600mm Sport zoom, EF-S 60 f/2.8 macro USM, EF-S 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF10-20mm wide angle.

maitimaus

nikfreak are you holding the 70D in your hands?

nikfreak

Yes, I am holding the 70D in my hands. Can't say much for now but will clear things up hopefully soon.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

janoschsimon

gsanchez922

Hello everyone I was thinking maybe if we try to send a letter to Canon to they give the support for magic lartern that can make everyting more easy and maybe could be certificate because I was readdig they work together to Technicolor to create a Technicolor Cinemastyle and the Curve so I think so this Could be a Possibility

Walter Schulz

Do you really think this hasn't come up in the past?
More than once?
-> Duplicate questions section ...

gsanchez922

IK but we have to try again I pretty sure now we are more people than before and maybe we can call the atetion of them

Walter Schulz

You have read the former discussions about this topic?
Have you any new arguments to offer? The "we are more than before" doesn't count that much because it should be pretty obvious that this argument was valid then, too.

And one thing I really like to have covered is "Why may a profit oriented company as Canon (Nikon/Samsung/namethemall) be interested to add functions in cameras already been sold? Thus preventing the customers to have to buy new equipment and therefore diminishing the company's and shareholders profits?"

ShootMeAlready

I heard a recent interview from one of the Panasonic top Dogs, and he expressed that he thought folk DIY developing firmware was interesting and exciting and viewed it positively, however they could never warranty issues arising from it.
So I suspect Canon feels much the same way, without ever officially admitting, they value the ML effort, but cant be seen to warranty one iota of it. Let's put it this way, canon loves to brag about how many motion pictures
a canon DSLR has been used.  And when you read the interviews you start to realize that ML is one of the key reasons.  So ML is actually adding prestige, respect, and notoriety to Canon DSLRs, which is way more than
their sensor development team has been earning.  So the extra publicity also adds loyalists who like FLYs on a flypaper, once they have sunk a few grand in glass become stuck.   JMHO.
T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

dmilligan

http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/faq#has_canon_contacted_you
No one at Canon has contacted us regarding Magic Lantern or software development for their DSLR cameras. We are very eager to discuss the project with them, however, so if you have any technical contacts inside of Canon's software team, please put them in touch with us.

Dns

Congrats nikfreak  :)
Respect and thanks in advance :)
Finger Crossed  :D
Canon 70D | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro | Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 Vc | Canon 50mm 1.8 and The Magic Lantern :)

Makadamia

Quote from: nikfreak on December 10, 2014, 04:46:58 PM
Yes, I am holding the 70D in my hands. Can't say much for now but will clear things up hopefully soon.
Awesome, am really keen what you do with it on ML :)
Thanks!!
Canon EOS 70D, 500D, PowerShot S95

dromeu

Quote from: nikfreak on December 10, 2014, 04:46:58 PM

Thanks!!!   :D

offshore

Great! Good news! I hope new life for my 70D.....
Canon EOS 70D Firm 1.1.2 Canon 70/300 Canon 17/85 Sigma 17/50 Sigma 10/20
ML Beta 4A

soujiro342000

Guys hows the canon 70d and ml...

DeafEyeJedi

I believe it isn't out As of yet...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

nikfreak

it's in the worx. I'll keep you updated.
And i am now additionally able to tell you that I got a brand new 70D donated for developing purposes from a1ex directly and as said earlier we are working on it.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Danne

DeafEyeJedi

Excellent news and special thanks to @a1ex and @nikfreak for the updates!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

pierre2fun

Thanks @a1ex and @nikfreak  :)
Cheers, Pierre
70D ML 111B

burnzeeto

Awesome news.   Thanks @a1ex!

aholeinthewor1d

Been checking this thread for about a month now. Just got my 70D recently. I always end up with the phone thats locked and no one can figure out..I hope that's not the case with my camera also lol. I saw the guy working on it just got his 70D. I know we don't have a timeline yet but I am more wondering if he is positive that it will work and that there 100% will be a release.

ikemikek

dylanxsanchez

New to this forum but I am willing to do anything I can to help! I just recently purchased a Canon 70D and I can't imagine the possibilities that ML will bring out of this already amazing camera! Hopefully I can help to bring this to fruition as soon as possible. Let me know if anyone is or isn't working on it  :)