Canon 70D

Started by teo770, September 20, 2013, 03:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShootMeAlready

Was just checking up on bitbucket to see if G, has been able to get started.
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/commits/branch/70d-support

Nikfrik,
Went looking for your QEMU drop, but pastebin reports its been removed?
Is there another link.  Cheers & great work.
T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

nikfreak

ShootmeAlready,,
on pastebin i only post logs. Maybe the link you are referring to was set to autodelete after 1 month. Just browse through my bitbucket account to find what you are searching for.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

X-STATE

...I had to delay the port but I'm quite confident I'll be able to start hacking on it in December when all the stuff will be finally sorted out.

I'm really really sorry....

Nanomad

;D Well, December has came
Body: Canon EOS 70D Lenses: Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 DC HSM Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM
70D.112

X-STATE

we hope that during this time the port will move the ball rolling
70D.112

nikfreak

December has good news: I ordered a 70D!!!!   We will get the ball rolling ;D ;D ;D

Toni_m_m

Yey [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

X-STATE

and here is the first good news in December  :D :D :D
70D.112

pierre2fun

Congrats nikfreak  8)

Wish you all the best with your new Friend.

I am a newbee on this so my question maybe is trivial.
Is it possible to have the 70D shot only with electronic shutter like the 40D , 50D or 5D2 does and now many Olympus or Sony Cameras?
Timelapse use a lot of shutter actuation so it would be great not having mechanical movment for shotting: it would save a lot of the 70D's lifetime.

Cheers,
Pierre
Cheers, Pierre
70D ML 111B

nikfreak

DeafEyeJedi

Great news... Should be good holidays this year!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Aresye

Longtime lurker.  Had ML installed on my T1i which I have since gifted to my sister.  I upgraded to a 70D for a relatively cheap and versatile DLSR for cinematic shorts.

Can't tell ya how excited I am to see a ML version in the works for the 70D!

iamaudrius

This topic and the great december news from nikfreak made me finally register on the forum, so I could follow the progress!

I bow to you, Mr. nikfreak!

pierre2fun

Dear nikfreak.

Perfect for me. Thanks :)
Cheers, Pierre
70D ML 111B

TomJ

QuoteTom, you could say that about ANY camera.  Not many people upgrade their camera every single time the next iteration comes out.

They do when it's their livelihood and the camera is "upgraded" enough to warrant the features. And the 70D is right in that place where it provides professional results but at a cost that only produces a terse session of expletives when it dives overboard, a housing leaks, or it takes a hit from a rapidly moving projectile (around 2,400fps to be somewhat accurate)

skanter

Just got a great deal from Canon on 70D refurb, like new, only 250 clicks. It would be great if ML is ported to 70D, loved it on 60D. Keeping fingers crossed...

anDyIII

Hi, any news about .fir from A1ex?

I'm waiting to test it compiling the source by myself.

I'm keeping italian ML users updated here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/magiclanternitalia/

nikfreak let me know.
5D Mark III
www.facebook.com/groups/magiclanternitalia/
www.andreacasanova.eu

nikfreak

Just a lilttle bit more patience, please. I'll keep you informed.

DigitalVeil

Is Alex the only person here capable of making a .fir?  I mean, it's almost seemed like he's been oddly against even the idea of a 70D port from the beginning for some strange reason. Doesn't make sense, but his early comments seemed to give off that vibe.  I think he's also kind of drifted away from working on ML as a whole lately, like he was fed up with it or something.
Glass: EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF-S 55-250mm IS STM, EF-S 18-55mm IS STM

nikfreak

The 70D port won't arrive earlier by claiming such things. It's the total opposite of what you wrote. I know this for sure  8)  8)! Again, just a little bit more patience.

You might also have missed this:

Quote from: a1ex on October 29, 2014, 10:41:27 AM
My spare time has dropped to almost zero (usually I can barely find time to read the forum), so please don't expect major progress from me in the near future. I expect things to clear up around January or February; until then I'm stuck with personal stuff unrelated to ML (and unrelated to Apertus).

angelsl

Quote from: DigitalVeil on December 04, 2014, 09:11:16 PM
Is Alex the only person here capable of making a .fir?  I mean, it's almost seemed like he's been oddly against even the idea of a 70D port from the beginning for some strange reason. Doesn't make sense, but his early comments seemed to give off that vibe.  I think he's also kind of drifted away from working on ML as a whole lately, like he was fed up with it or something.

He's not the only one, but not everyone can. .fir files are AES-encrypted (and signed somehow IIRC?) and although the keys for some older models are available online, as far as I know those for the more recent cameras are not. But the .fir format is documented, you just need to find the AES key somehow, if you want to create a .fir.

I'm sure he will create an installer .fir once ML becomes usable on 70D. The code for that already exists.

ShootMeAlready

It feels like Stripes, where we have to complete basic training ourselves.  That's a joke.
So without any offense to A1EX or G, who have done great work and spent long hours on the common code base which we presently enjoy,
lets enlist a guide on the .fir build process.   I think most want a ML drop under the xmas tree to play with over the holidays ... and things only get busier as the fat man's date night approaches, so lets organize the troups.

Inspiration here's two 700D raw videos, which if shot on the 70D, we hope could have been even better (not that he didn't do a great job).
http://vimeo.com/111512507
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clcVjGrqBr4
T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

angelsl

Quote from: ShootMeAlready on December 05, 2014, 03:05:09 PM
It feels like Stripes, where we have to complete basic training ourselves.  That's a joke.
So without any offense to A1EX or G, who have done great work and spent long hours on the common code base which we presently enjoy,
lets enlist a guide on the .fir build process.   I think most want a ML drop under the xmas tree to play with over the holidays ... and things only get busier as the fat man's date night approaches, so lets organize the troups.

Inspiration here's two 700D raw videos, which if shot on the 70D, we hope could have been even better (not that he didn't do a great job).
http://vimeo.com/111512507
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clcVjGrqBr4

The hard part isn't figuring out the .fir structure, really. In fact it's already documented on the ML wiki. The thing is finding the encryption keys. Those will likely never be published publically.

TomJ

QuoteIt feels like Stripes, where we have to complete basic training ourselves.

I've felt that from the start with the 70D. The T4i came out like butter, 70D seems abandoned and we're already over a year on..., so..., prob up to us. More on this later, but yes, I'm willing to dive in myself on it..

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: DigitalVeil on December 04, 2014, 09:11:16 PM

Cut some slack for @a1ex -- obviously he has already done a whole lot for all of us (along with the help of others DEV's such as g3gg0 & everyone else on board) & please let him enjoy as life as much as we all do, respectfully so.

Time we only tell if the ML crew feels the need of a ML for 70D and I know it'll come sooner rather than later.

*cheers*
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

OlRivrRat

I'm a 5D, 5DM2, & 70D owner & am anxiously awaiting the ML for 70D ~ But I really DoNot care much about RAW, so would just like to say that if it is RAW that is slowing things down & it might be doable to get a Non RAW version of ML for 70D Quicker ~ That would be GreatlyAppreciated ~ A Least by Me ~ Keep Up the GreatWork ~ Please ~ ThankYou ~

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)