Wireless HDMI Nyrius ARIES on 5D3 RAW + HDMI splitter

Started by moroz, September 20, 2013, 12:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moroz

Hello,
could you please help me with these questions:
- has anyone tried Nyrius ARIES on the Canon 5D MarK III while recording 1080pRAW
- do you think we can attach an HDMI splitter on the 5D3  (RAW hack) and connect to it :
a 7"field monitor + the Nyrius ARIES  ( the Nyrius receiver will be connected to a laptop)
Thank you!
http://www.amazon.com/Nyrius-Transmitter-Streaming-Satellite-NPCS549/dp/B009E6R89C/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1379499763&sr=1-1&keywords=nyrius

moroz

arrinkiiii

moroz

indeed..Nyrius ARIES is the cheap version of  IDX and Paralinx (more latency, less range, longer sync delay at start up...)
do you think the same setting can work with IDX and Paralinx on 5D3 RAW?
for instance  can we use this setting on a steadicam:   5D3-->HDMI splitter -->1st HDMI out to wired 7"monitor + 2nd HDMI out to  Nyrius transmitter --> laptop+  Nyrius receiver)
??

arrinkiiii

I don't know if with that setup you can do the same thing. I think you shloud send an email to them and ask.

The Nyrius ARIES Pro say that have zero latency, IDX CW-1 Wireless HDMI Video Transmission System say's that have 1ms delay.

The Nyrius ARIES Pro say's it's for connect pc, laptop... The IDX CW-1 say's that you can connect direct to the camera.

I think you should send a email and ask if Nyrius ARIES Pro can do the same of IDX CW-1. Maybe not but maybe with update firmware it's possible.

armandsla

Hi.

I'm actually planning to build similar setup for a while now.

1 question - How do you plan to connect receiver to a laptop? As there's no HDMI IN port on laptops.

moroz

you're right.
it can be a  2nd monitor instead of a laptop

arrinkiiii

Yes, better a monitor then laptop. Did you send the email or you going buy and try if it's work?

armandsla

Yes, but I've came up with 2 ways to do this, both will cost the same(if you already have a laptop) and will allow to view on 13 inch screen.

1st is to buy -
http://www.gechic.com/product_help_en.asp?s=3 = 200$
This is the only low cost monitor on market which can be powered with any 5V power bank and has hdmi in port. Others uses usb for both power and video.

2nd is to buy Backmagic Intensity Shuttle = ~200$
This option would be better because you could also record and view back footage - which is a problem with raw.
This one combined with new macbook air(12h battery life) would be excellent.
+ you can attach recorder like zoom h4n on camera and send audio as well. This will require HDMI adapter with separate audio input.

If you take 2nd option even further, and transmitter is latency free, recorded video/audio on laptop can actually be used as raw proxy if you connect camera headphone jack to zoom and record beep sound in separate line(when recording is started beep is played via headphone jack too)
And in post just place raw files in separate track at beginnings of that audio line clipping points.
No need to render proxy files which takes a lot of time.

Hope this helps.

arrinkiiii

It's look i nice set up  :D So you going to buy the Nyrius ARIES Pro ? Please, keep us post with the news.

armandsla

Nyrius Pro looks solid, but there's also cheaper transmitters:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161085027266?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

In my case, there would be a little distance between camera and monitor, so maybe this cheap alternative could easily do the job. But I'm not sure.
Have to remember: you get what you pay for.

arrinkiiii

WOW very cheap...!!! But like you say...  you get what you pay for. Do you going to buy this one? This seller is having out of stock this item... Would love to know if this work good, at the least in the minimum requisites...

You got others sellers that got in stock. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transmitter-Receiver-MINI-HDMI-Digital-Wireless-Wifi-dispaly-HD-1080p-Video-TV-/271230445536?pt=US_Audio_Video_Transmitters&hash=item3f269827e0  Would be F* wanderful if this work  ;D

armandsla

Yes, it would be :)

I'm planning, but not at the moment.  Hopefully I will get everything till November. 
If it works great, I will do a quick review and let you know guys ;)

arrinkiiii

moroz

hello,
i emailed the company and this is their answer:
QuoteHello,

Thank you for your interest in our Nyrius Prime. In regards to your question about connecting this product to your DSLR camera, as long as your camera has an HDMI output and your source has an HDMI input, you should not have any problem with the functionality of this product.

We have passed on your question about transmitting uncompressed 14 bit raw video to our research and development team, and we will respond to you once we have an answer from them.

Kind regards,
CWD Support

Update for Case #CASE1152117 - "CONNECT ARIES Pro to Canon 5D Mark III"   

Hello,
In regards to our previous e-mail, we will require some more information. Is the video going to be recorded at 1080p or lower? If it is, the Aries line should suit your needs. Our Aries line does not currently support 2 or 4k resolution.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

CWD Customer Support

arrinkiiii

moroz

arrinkiiii

arrinkiiii

5D3shooter

You can't record RAW through the HDMI, otherwise we'd all buy atomos ninja and be done with it.  Remember we were all trying to figure out how to connect an SSD to the CF slot? 

If your intentions are just to monitor wirelessly while you record your RAW video on CF inside the camera, then it should work.

moroz

Quote from: 5D3shooter on October 09, 2013, 12:23:06 PM
If your intentions are just to monitor wirelessly while you record your RAW video on CF inside the camera, then it should work.

this is my unique intention  :)