Rolling shutter value for steadXP+ device

Started by damien, February 14, 2018, 03:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

damien

Hi Everyone,

To Help with SteadXP Rolling shutter value measurement I'm looking for screenshots of the FPS Override Settings page in ML for all compatible canon cameras

The infos needed are :
- Camera Model
- 1 screenshot with REC MODE set in PAL
- 1 screenshot with REC MODE set in NTSC

This screenshots should have "optimize for" setting set on Low light and highlight the rolling shutter value to display the green underline like on this sample :

If when you highlight Rolling shutter this green underline does not show up, exit the fps overide page and turn on RAW module ON.

Thanks for your help!

tonij

Canon 7D

Never heard of steadXP+ before but looks very interesting.
I have used Mercalli how does this compare?
And why does it need hardware exactly?

g3gg0

hello damien,

i guess you are from the SteadXP team, right?
welcome to our forums.

if you could choose to get additional information from the camera along with video files (MLV), which would you choose?
rolling shutter times? internal gyros?

BR,
g3gg0
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

damien

@tonij
Thanks for your participation on this !
Value to enter in steadXP software are:
- 24 FPS mode 0.021626
- 25 FPS mode 0.025

for steadXP user passing by, if you use SteadXP in RAW never select FSP Override with exact FPS settings has it creates a miss synchro on the long run. Always disable it or leave it on LOW LIGHT setting.

@g3gg0
Yes, i'm tech support there. As I'm not from the dev team I cannot advise much on what would be needed.
Rolling shutter is needed that is sure but as it is displayed currently is ok.
Maybe internal Gyro could help to autosync data with the MLV but as steadxp it's not being build only for 5D3 this not how the sync works currently.

I'll pass your question to the dev team and let you know.

Thanks for the help.
Damien.