Auto delete photos (FTPServer for WFT-E7)

Started by Paz, April 05, 2014, 05:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paz

Greetings,

I'm new to this forum, so let me say hello to everyone. I've been using ML for about a year now first on a 550D, now a 5D3. Love it!

I have a workflow problem which I think may be solvable in a custom module, but Im not a developer so I'm seeking direction and assistance and willing to pay for offered services.

I want to shoot HDR timelapse, so Im triggering bracket and interval on ML. Due to the sheer amount of files obviously I need a cleanup process. The unfortunate caveat of using the WFT-E7 is that in order to be able to shoot brackets, I need to use the FTPServer. This works fine as regardless the bracket size, the WFT moves files to my local network FTP mount.

My issue is that obviously files are left on the card which I need a way to remove, after transmission. I could imagine a simple timer which assumes everything can be moved within 30 seconds, for instance, so delete when filedate is 30 s old.

I've searched as much as I can and found nothing along these lines. Looked in scripting but didnt see file level classes. Im hoping there is something ive missed. Can anyone give a suggestion?

Thanks and regards.
Paz

mWaltari

This kind of workflow would be nice for timelapse. Maybe something more secure than that.  Wft-7 is way too expensive to what it actually does. Very inyeresting anyways.

Paz

Agreed, it is expensive, but it performs as needed. Not a well designed unit in any shape or form but it's gigabit net, so when wired I can transfer a large bracket with no choking. I just need to find a way to auto delete or allow the filesystem to auto append space. I think this is a great little boost for EyeFi users.

Hopefully some devs will look this way? :-)
p.