Anyone try Raw with the 70D Yet??

Started by renowilliams, September 14, 2013, 03:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renowilliams

I'm just wondering whether anyone is working with the 70D and Raw??

NoobSean

Yeah, I wonder how It fairs compared to the other SD cameras. Can anyone do some tests for us? Thanks.  :D

SDX

You guys know how this works here?

A developer needs to spend his money on buying a 70D and start developing ML specifically for that camera.
As far as I'm informed, no one has started developing yet.

Matheus

Well, I don't know if this helps, but this guy seems to have managed to get ML doing RAW on his 70D...

[link removed]

Maybe he could make some contribution to the community?
Cams: Canon 70D (70D.111B)
Lens: EF-S18-135mm f3.5-5.6STM, Sigma UC 70-210mm f4-5.6, Helios 44M4-MC 58mm f2
Audio: Zoom H4n + Rode Videomic Pro

Greg

I plan to buy a 70D. There are currently too expensive, I'll wait one year   ;D

Sc0Bee

Quote from: Matheus on September 17, 2013, 01:06:47 AM
Well, I don't know if this helps, but this guy seems to have managed to get ML doing RAW on his 70D...

[link removed]

Maybe he could make some contribution to the community?

???
I'm certainly no expert, but something about that video doesn't look quite right.

Rather than an example of RAW on 70D using ML, it seems to be an advert for a grading product called CineVision RAW.  If you go to the CineVision website, the product is available for...wait...wait for it...10 bucks.  Or 20 bucks.  It's kinda hard to tell.   :o

I call BS, but I'd be glad to eat my words if the producer of the vid shows up and contributes his code.
Canon 500D, 7D | Lightroom 5 | Photoshop CS5 | Premiere Pro CS4 | After Effects CS4

Matheus

Quote from: Sc0Bee on September 17, 2013, 04:26:20 AM
???
I'm certainly no expert, but something about that video doesn't look quite right.

Rather than an example of RAW on 70D using ML, it seems to be an advert for a grading product called CineVision RAW.  If you go to the CineVision website, the product is available for...wait...wait for it...10 bucks.  Or 20 bucks.  It's kinda hard to tell.   :o

I call BS, but I'd be glad to eat my words if the producer of the vid shows up and contributes his code.

Let me correct myself, before anyone else do like myself and interpret it wrong: it seems that by "RAW" the poster meant "flat"... Probably the same thing everybody already did before of setting the camera on a flat profile, for posterior color grading....
Sorry for any misinterpretion I may have caused...
Cams: Canon 70D (70D.111B)
Lens: EF-S18-135mm f3.5-5.6STM, Sigma UC 70-210mm f4-5.6, Helios 44M4-MC 58mm f2
Audio: Zoom H4n + Rode Videomic Pro

Smarty Pants

ok as it is 2013 and there are sites to help fund projects collectively

why don't  us 70d owners all donate an amount towards buying the magic lantern guys one

crowd fund or something similar?

ML guys: sound ok by you?

shortandangry

Quote from: Smarty Pants on September 19, 2013, 11:54:48 PM
ok as it is 2013 and there are sites to help fund projects collectively

why don't  us 70d owners all donate an amount towards buying the magic lantern guys one

crowd fund or something similar?

ML guys: sound ok by you?

I'd contribute.

animanus

I think thats what the 'donate' button is for on the website..

Damn, just realised that youtube video is a total scam.. some people are strange

Smarty Pants

i'd contribute towards a 70D but not for anything else.

if the devs are ok with this could someone setup a crowd fund?

Tjabo

I would donate $20 specifically to a 70D purchase fund, and I don't even have one yet!   ;D

It would be cool just to see what the potential of the camera can really be.  If ML were to work out really well on it, I think there is a good chance that I will buy one.  If not.....  Probably not from what I'm seeing so far...

In the mean time, I will keep on trying to learn about ML on my T3i (and make a general donation).   :)

animanus

theres a very limited number of developers working on a multitude of amazing functions and stability for a huge amount of cameras, give them some time, ML for 70D will be here when its here, if its possible, no sooner or later, $20 wont make it arrive any faster but probably would be appreciated as a donation via the usual way

dmilligan

It's my understanding that ML will also need an official .fir firmware update file from canon to decompile in order to get the boot flag set and create an ML .fir file for the 70D. Currently canon has not yet released a firmware update for the 70D, so no canon .fir files exist for the 70D. So it will not be possible to even begin development until canon does, so really you're waiting on canon not the ML team.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

SDX

dmilligan: That's not correct anymore.

There's no need for crowdfunding anything. animanus is completely right with what he is saying. You can donate and be sure that the ML project will benefit from it - but don't expect that you'll see a 70D port much quicker just because you as a 70D owner did.