Pluraleyes 3 with raw format footage?

Started by Nang, September 13, 2013, 03:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nang

Hey guys,

Anyone currently using Pluraleyes 3 with raw footage on Premiere Pro CS6 with Windows 7? My situation is, when the Pluraleyes window pops up (via extensions in PrPro), it would display "Camera 1" clip, "Audio Recorder 1" soundtrack, and "Audio Recorder 2" soundtrack. The problem is, my video clip doesn't have audio in it (I'm shooting on 5d3 and it records audio onto a separate track) so I would get a message in yellow saying "Error: audio extraction failed". It won't let me synchronize any of the audio. I'm assuming because the video clip doesn't have audio, Pluraleyes have nothing to synch.

"Audio Recorder 1" is the 5d3 audio track while "Audio Recorder 2" is my zoom h6 track. I tried highlighting both tracks and click on "Synchronize", but it doesn't work. Anyone know have any suggestions? I've been manually going in and doing it the hard way, but it's annoying and time consuming.

Thanks in advance
Portfolio: somnang.4ormat.com | Video: https://vimeo.com/somnang
Prime: Olympus Zuiko OM 24mm f/2.8 | Rokinon Cine 85mm T/1.5 | Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4 | Helios 44-2 58mm f/2.0 | Jupiter 37A 135mm f/3.5
Zoom: Meteor 5-1 17-69mm f/1.9, Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8, Tamron 24-70mm Di VC f/2.

PressureFM

Ancient magic will work, like this:

Pluraleyes won't work for good reasons, as you mentioned. No audio to sync.

Nang

Quote from: PressureFM on September 13, 2013, 04:24:49 PM
Ancient magic will work, like this:

Pluraleyes won't work for good reasons, as you mentioned. No audio to sync.

Yeah, looks like I'll be doing that for future projects except I'll be using a notebook as a slate and then making weird noises for the clapper sound lol

Thanks!
Prime: Olympus Zuiko OM 24mm f/2.8 | Rokinon Cine 85mm T/1.5 | Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4 | Helios 44-2 58mm f/2.0 | Jupiter 37A 135mm f/3.5

gauss256

Are you saying that the 5d3 is recording audio but onto a separate track (in the camera)?  If so there will be ways to use PluralEyes.  But I'd need to understand better what recordings you are getting from the camera.

If the 5d3 is not recording audio at all, why not?

pedrosuarez

@gauss256

To my knowledge, sound recording for .RAW video has been disabled at this time. There were too many issues. I believe it's still under development for the future Stable Release.

The OP is using an external recorder as an audio solution in the meantime. This is effective for capturing, but syncing with video can be challenging without a slate or reference mark as PressureFM mentioned.

Nang

Sorry for the late reply and any confusion. Some of the footages that I shot are regular h.264 format (non-raw). And yes, all of my in-camera audio were recorded onto their own separate tracks.

This is what I do in Premiere Pro CS6:

1) Pop in the video clip onto a timeline (let's say 5D001.mov).
2) locate the proper in-camera audio track (let's say mvi_001.wav) and pop it underneath the 5D001.mov
3) locate the corresponding zoom audio track (let's call it ZOOM001_Tr3.Wav) and pop that underneath mvi_001.wav
4) Save file and then go to Extensions > PluralEyes 3
5) Select the timeline I want to sync
6) a mini-timeline PluralEyes window appears. At the bottom are 3 tracks: Camera 1, Audio Recorder 1, Audio Recorder 2. Same thing at the top of the window, however, Camera 1 has a "error: audio extraction failed" text.

At the very top of the window, there's a "Synchronize" button. I'm assuming all I would need to do is highlight the 2 audio tracks at the bottom of the screen and then click synchronize, but it's grayed out. I don't know what to do from here.

deleted.account

Would using a simple batch script combined with ffmpeg or txmuxer or similar to multiplex the camera audio with video stream help?

What's the benefit in recording seperate in camera audio? Rather than demuxing it later should you need to?

Nang

Quote from: y3llow on September 20, 2013, 09:31:11 AM
Would using a simple batch script combined with ffmpeg or txmuxer or similar to multiplex the camera audio with video stream help?

What's the benefit in recording seperate in camera audio? Rather than demuxing it later should you need to?

I never tried ffmpeg or txmuxer, but I'll look into that.

Is there an option to make the in camera audio record together with the video clip? I rather prefer this and I think that may solve the Pluraleyes issue. When I first installed ML, it automatically separates the audio (non-raw video shooting). I tried searching through the settings in ML and Canon, but there weren't any options.

Thanks!

Doyle4

Long way round but i use my iphone and zoom h1, i record a video for a few seconds and press record on recording device press record for raw on camera, later i sync the iphone footage too the raw out put it and sync to the recorded sound.