Resolve 10 beta is out

Started by squig, September 13, 2013, 11:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squig

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support

Be wary: I didn't download the legacy option and version 10 has replaced version 9 on my mac.

Really keen to play with the editing features.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: squig on September 13, 2013, 11:11:17 AM

Be wary: I didn't download the legacy option and version 10 has replaced version 9 on my mac.

Sorry, can't understand. Can you explain? Thanks  :D

ZT

Big improvement, pink/green edges seem to have gone. Debayer quality and sharpness settings in Raw control panel. The results are much closer to Adobe camera raw.

kgv5

I can confirm. No pink dots like in version 9  :D
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

arrinkiiii

Someone can tell me what is legacy option ??  :-\

nick.p

Quote from: arrinkiiii on September 13, 2013, 02:17:40 PM
Someone can tell me what is legacy option ??  :-\
Version 9 I do believe

arrinkiiii

Andy600

Installed and getting an OpenCL error :( Resolve 9 worked without any problems and my graphics card and CPU H4000 both support OpenCL. Hope this isn't gonna mean another expensive purchase.

Fixed it :)
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

araucaria

Pink Green dots fixed!!!!! Debayering works fine now!

spider

Yes, Resolve 10 lite looks very nice and it runs better on my old PC.

Optical flow is also nice to have.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UePC5-F_v-8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

togg

how much sharpness do you put in? :)

spider

Midphase

If anyone is curious, it seems like Resolve 10 has simplified the method of sharpening only luma channel while leaving the chroma alone. It used to be that you had to insert a parallel node and adjust the settings, but now it seems like you can set up a node to only affect the luma channel in a YUV mode.

Neat!

togg

Quote from: Midphase on September 16, 2013, 06:08:52 PM
If anyone is curious, it seems like Resolve 10 has simplified the method of sharpening only luma channel while leaving the chroma alone. It used to be that you had to insert a parallel node and adjust the settings, but now it seems like you can set up a node to only affect the luma channel in a YUV mode.

Neat!

But only for the full version I think.

Andy600

Quote from: togg on September 16, 2013, 11:32:36 PM
But only for the full version I think.

No. It's in the Lite version. Lite doesn't have NR or 3D, that's all :)
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

togg

Quote from: Andy600 on September 16, 2013, 11:49:33 PM
No. It's in the Lite version. Lite doesn't have NR or 3D, that's all :)

You're right, when I've read sharpening in my mind I've automatically put NR since it was done in the same step before.

hjfilmspeed

hmmmm went to render tab and no 23.976 only 24. thats not going to be good for syncing if you shot 23.976

ted ramasola

Quote from: hjfilmspeed on September 17, 2013, 05:26:37 AM
hmmmm went to render tab and no 23.976 only 24. thats not going to be good for syncing if you shot 23.976

the trick is to make sure you set in preferences output 23.976 BEFORE you import any media. You can't change it after you bring in your media.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

hjfilmspeed

ahhhhh crappers i was opening an old project. Hmmmmm any way to fix?

hjfilmspeed

wait........ i tried rendering a clip and brought it into my editer and it says 23.976.....sooo confuised

spider

Midphase

Wow, there are a couple of unexpected new features in the latest Resolve beta that really have my attention:

1. Resolve now displays fully on my laptop screen which is 1440X900, until now the bottom of the GUI was cut off, now I can finally use Resolve on my 15" laptop....awesome!

2. It would appear that it's now possible to output at resolutions higher than 1080p even in Lite! This is pretty amazing since until now we were restricted to HD sizes or smaller.

I hope it's not a fluke and that this is the way it will continue to be. I am still pretty amazed that Blackmagic is giving away such a powerful application for free!

Erik Caretta

I confirm, no more pink dots! That's great, because I was pretty disappointed by this problem. Now I can fully rely on a Resolve+Premiere workflow.