KomputerBay 64GB CF Card Huge Problem Please Help?

Started by davecleeve, September 18, 2013, 08:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davecleeve

Hi,

Before I get into this, I searched the forums for a topic covering this and I came close to one (http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6145.0) but there were no concrete answers for me.

I live in Australia and when it comes to raw video it's a real awkward place to live because no distributors (Amazon, eBay etc) will actually ship KomputerBay cards to Australia. Months ago I convinced an American eBay seller to send me two 64GB 1000x cards but they got lost in transit and my money was refunded. The seller refused to try shipping to me again.

To get around this, I eventually purchased two 64GB 1000x cards off Amazon and had them shipped to a friend in New York, who in turn shipped them to me in Melbourne. So, as you can see it has been a real pain in the ass trying to get these cards. They arrived earlier this week and one of them just flat out doesn't work.

The one that doesn't work cannot be accessed in my 5D Mk III so it can't be formatted and it also cannot be read/formatted on my Mac. Disk Utility cannot mount, repair, verify or format the card in any way, shape or form. As far as I'm aware this card is just dead straight out of the factory... or at least, that's what I'm here to try and find out.

Has anyone else had this exact problem? If so, can I please get some help with this before I take the long-winded route of trying to get a refund from Amazon (good luck!) and also get another card, which will be at least another month of waiting and even more $$$ down the drain.

Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

PressureFM

You can order them directly from eBay. They ship worldwide.

Otherwise it sounds like you need to contact KomputerBay and have them talk you through it.

davecleeve

PressureFM, every eBay store that shows up as selling the KomputerBay cards will not ship to Australia. Are you suggesting something different than buying from various eBay sellers/stores?

NateVolk

We need more info to really be able to help you out.  os, type of computer, card reader make and model, firmware on the 5d3, sd card type, where you installed ml, etc.

saying it doesn't work doesn't help us help you.

davecleeve

PressureFM,  that link you sent is for a store 'fastflashstore', they have a few eBay pages and one of them is the American one I mentioned in my post. They tried shipping the items to me but they got lost in transit, now they refuse to try shipping to me again and I cannot purchase from their pages because it blocks me. So as I said, the pages on eBay won't ship to Australia.

NateVolk, I did a lot more than just say it "doesn't work". I gave specifics about what I had tried and what failed.

I've emailed the tech support from KomputerBay and they responded with a list of suggestions and things to try, I'm following these and if I have any success I'll report back because the information doesn't appear to be on these forums.