RAW with VAF Filter

Started by Brawl, September 12, 2013, 11:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawl

Hello, I wish to ask you if anyone have seen any footage/comparison of a RAW video shot with and without VAF filter.

I know that  the filter only works @1080p. RAW video on 7D, 5DII, 50D, 600D, etc, etc... are not @1080p. So how does/why it works if it works? And how good?

I admit I'm most interested to know how it works with a 7D because I need to buy one, but I believe the concept is applicable to different models.

Thx

kgv5

www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

Brawl

Quote from: kgv5 on September 12, 2013, 12:13:27 PM
You can start here..

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6577.0

Thanks, so it looks that in "RAW mode" the VAF filter works in any pixel resolution. Right? On any Canon model right?

thx. :)

kgv5

If camera is set to stock 1080p and than cropped to get desired resolution in raw mode - yes, it works and works really good.

VAF works the same in every camera but of course particular VAF models work with the cameras they were designed for (because of the size and mount).
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

araucaria

Quote from: kgv5 on September 13, 2013, 09:13:31 AM
If camera is set to stock 1080p and than cropped to get desired resolution in raw mode - yes, it works and works really good.

VAF works the same in every camera but of course particular VAF models work with the cameras they were designed for (because of the size and mount).
And resolution...

Brawl

Quote from: kgv5 on September 13, 2013, 09:13:31 AM

doesn't work good without crop?