Adobe CC updates that should make you guys happy

Started by DFM, September 09, 2013, 09:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

Heheheh cloud subscribers... sorry for your loss adobe... maybe next time don't force everyone into subscriptions :)

Malcolm Debono

Quote from: dude on October 11, 2013, 03:45:47 PM
So it will only be aviable to the cloud members??
How can i get it if i am not in the cloud? thought like a normal update... Looks like it would only be aviable for cc, i am using cs6, any ideas?

It's a (major) upgrade to Premiere CC, so you need to be subscribed to get the update. It's not compatible with CS6.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

DFM

Quote from: painya on October 05, 2013, 10:58:43 PM
Hmnnn, I wonder if the update is limited to just Cinema DNG's, or would include DNG's.

CinemaDNG is a definition of how to wrap a series of still frames into a container that can be read as a video clip - it's not a codec. Each frame can be a DNG file or a TIFF (though the latter is vanishingly rare). The 'wrapper' can either be an MXF structure or just a plain old folder on disc with sequentially-named files in it. The DNGs used for each frame are no different to the ones you'd get from still photography, and Premiere's Mercury Playback Engine doesn't care if you're opening one image file as a still, or a sequence of them as a clip.

shahed26

Great news. Cant wait for these updates to start rolling

arana05

I can't wait to give it a try!
Two quickies:
Would be able to proxy the cinemaDNG for editing?
When are you guys rolling it out?!?! :D

cheers

painya

:/ October 15th and not out. Checked the adobe site and no news of when it will be out. Any ideas of when?
Good footage doesn't make a story any better.

Kharak

I'm quite disappointed that this is not released for CS6. I bought Production Premium Suite and now I wont even get any updates for it.

Quite a slap in the face if you ask me.
once you go raw you never go back

jrumans

Here is a video showing off the features of PP 7.1.  He is saying late October

https://vimeo.com/76726030
Sometimes you have to go out on a limb to get the fruit.

Midphase

Quote from: Kharak on October 16, 2013, 11:26:07 AM
I'm quite disappointed that this is not released for CS6. I bought Production Premium Suite and now I wont even get any updates for it.

Quite a slap in the face if you ask me.

They did release some updates for CS6, but you can't expect Adobe to keep adding new features to old versions for free. I think Adobe CC is a pretty good deal and so far I'm pretty happy with the service.

Kharak

Quote from: Midphase on October 16, 2013, 08:10:24 PM
They did release some updates for CS6, but you can't expect Adobe to keep adding new features to old versions for free. I think Adobe CC is a pretty good deal and so far I'm pretty happy with the service.

CS6 really ain't that old, ye I understand features, but support for different files and such.. This adobe train is going waay to fast for my liking. And besides, I like owning my own stuff, not renting it. :)

once you go raw you never go back

realogic

then.. the end of October arrived and no update yet  :(
5D3/6D/70D/GH4/NEX-EA50/GoPro3B+ on Zeiss Planar T* 50/1.4 - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 - Sigma 35/1.4 A - Sigma 12-24 - Canon 24-105L - Lumix 14-42 - Sigma 70-200 f2.8 - Zenith 16mm - Metabones Speedbooster - Sony SELP18-200

Midphase

Went to an Adobe presentation last night (there's another one today here in L.A.) and the guy who was actually quite candid about the information said that it should be here within a week. He showed the latest versions and showcased the new changes, particularly the new dynamic linking between Premiere and Speedgrade.

Anyhoo, October still goes on for two more days... ;D

painya

Midphase

The Adobe guy said the update is essentially ready, and would be out within a week at most.

swinxx

realogic

5D3/6D/70D/GH4/NEX-EA50/GoPro3B+ on Zeiss Planar T* 50/1.4 - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 - Sigma 35/1.4 A - Sigma 12-24 - Canon 24-105L - Lumix 14-42 - Sigma 70-200 f2.8 - Zenith 16mm - Metabones Speedbooster - Sony SELP18-200

DTSET123

reddeercity

I just install the New Adobe update for Premiere Pro on my MacPro
And yes there support for cdng's, there is a Pink Cast Over
The whole image . :(
But i imported a AE project i saved with cdng's and that displays normal
Without any Pink cast. That's Strange!
Or if you import a premiere pro project  in to speed grade same thing pink cast
With the cdng's.
I make a screen capture, upload it later today.

hookah

5D3, Sigma Art 35mm 1.4, Tamron 24-70mm 2.8 VC, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Canon 50mm 1.4 + 100mm 2.8 macro + 15mm

vikado

getting pink cast as well.
near realtime playback to boot.
anyway to generate proxies after its loaded into premiere?
or vice versa?
replace proxies with dng sequences?

edit:
nevermind, figured it out.
if you right click on the clip in the project window and choose "replace footage". a pop up window will appear and go to the dng sequence folder of your choosing and pick the very first frame.
it will replace proxies or vice versa. i wonder if there's a batch switch, im thinking exporting to AE is much quicker.
5d2 user

DTSET123

Looks like Camera Raw is not included in Premiere CC like it is in After Effects  :( There is no way to debayre it?

Oedipax

Getting pink frames here as well. Most of my stuff is converted in RAW Magic, anyone using RAW2CDNG or one of the other converters with different results?

I really hope Adobe will address this. The performance is great, pink color cast excepted.

vikado

i can confirm once you replace proxies on your project settings in premiere with the dng sequence, you can export an EDL to resolve.
5d2 user

painya