Adobe CC updates that should make you guys happy

Started by DFM, September 09, 2013, 09:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinxx

hmm. but thats now how it is meant to be..
shouldn´t we just open prem cc and import the cdng files.. voila.. ?
perhaps for future versions the converter for raw to cdng could just imitate the material as if it was shot with a bmcc..
i can not understand why a company like adobe just missed the magic lantern support.? if that would be my company, i would support raw and mlv.. :)
but by the way.. it is not mine.. so we can just wait and hope.

greets. thx.

CinematicSyndicate

Is getting it to work a matter of Adobe refining their CDNG codec, or another tool (like raw2cdng) adapting the DNGs more to what adobe is looking for? This pink cast is the EXACT same thing that happens when I look at my .CR2 files in a non-supported raw viewing program like Picasa or similar. Exact same pink haze on my 5DIII photos. Is it just not reading the YUV or RGB or bayered info in the correct order or something? And why magenta?

Sorry to ramble. I'm just as eager to see this work as everyone, especially since I am seeing realtime playback with my CDNGs. Which is amazing.

Canon eos m

I tried to open my cdng's with AE CC and got the pink colour cast the first time. Updated AE CC today and the pink colour cast is magically gone.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

chmee

@cinematicSyndicate
if you open a 16bit cdng (not corrected) in speedgrade, you'll see, that the components (rgb) have different baselevel and amplitude, therefore it exists the colormatrix to match these values. nor speedgrade neither premiere reads the colormatrix inside the cdng. For Speedgrade its not that difficult to write a colormatrix or calibration-lut, premiere (it seems) is sticked to bmcc-dngs - and thats the great bummer - the inventor of the "universal raw-format" burns itself.

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

reddeercity

Hi  :)
I think there is some improvement in Premiere Pro cc
I just finish a fresh install Mavericks 10.9.1  of my MacPro 
and I notice that Premiere Pro has been updated I think
the version I have on the Mac is 7.2.1 (4)
It seems if you apply auto Level effect to the Cdng  it Looks Right.
Now whether you get the full 16bits or just a 8bit  to work with I'm not sure
I'll post some images later. :D

Midphase

Doesn't quite work. The latest version of PP seems to bring the image to a somewhat sane color space when Auto Levels is applied, but there is still a lot of funkiness happening in the image.

Hopefully it's fixed with PP 7.3

reddeercity

will there is some progress  :)
Also I have notice if you go in to the Sequence Setting menu,
the editing Mode seem to default to "Red Cinema"
and preview file format to MPEG-I Frame.
So I change these setting
Editing Mode: Custom
Video preview file format to Quick Time
Codec: apple ProRes 4444
check off max. bit depth,max render quality.
it seem to speed up the time line, with Open CL gpu acceleration enabled.
image looks cleaner too, so I just wonder if it has something to do with it  ;)

Edit : Just tried the Send to Speed Grade from Premiere ,
Works very well but the biggest think it the image look amazing !
What ever Premiere Pro is doing it seem not to be affected in  Speed Grade .
There again are you getting the full 16bits ? I think maybe we are , will have to
Do more tests. Speed Grade Version CC 7.2x34

Midphase

There's a new Premiere Pro update which just came out recently and the pink cast seems to be gone from imported CDNG files.

On the negative side, the footage looks very washed out, like really badly washed out and flat, but not in a good LOG way, but in a bad no contrast way. Tweaking the levels helps a bit but still not anywhere close to the way it looks when I bring it into Resolve.

random

I don't know, it doesn't show any different results to me. I still get pink images importing the CDNG's directly to Premiere.
EOS 6D  -  EOS 650D  -  EF 24-105mm/4 IS L  -  Sigma 50mm/1,4 EX  -  Kenko 1,4x MC4 DGX

painya

Quote from: random on January 06, 2014, 07:48:43 PM
I don't know, it doesn't show any different results to me. I still get pink images importing the CDNG's directly to Premiere.
Get they eyeframe converter and then just import the tiffs. Premeir Pro can support 16bit tiffs and they look great.
Good footage doesn't make a story any better.

kgv5

Is there any progress in improving ML DNG support in CC? What is the status for today?
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

Midphase

kgv5

Ahh, thats bad.... :( , thanks for the information.
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D