Error 20 Override/Bypass?

Started by FrankLad, September 08, 2013, 08:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankLad

Hey guys!  I'm hoping it's possible for Magic Lantern to catch (and ignore) an "Err 20" / Error 20 instance.

What do you think?

In my case, it's not an actual mechanical failure; I'm simply trying to use a Mosaic Engineering VAF-tXi and am having problems on my t2i cameras.
(Background information here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7265.msg73732#msg73732)

From what I'm seeing, Magic Lantern does detect the error condition, since it is able to write a log file.  But you have no choice after that but to turn the camera off.  (In my case, I remove the Mosaic Engineering filter, turn the camera back on, wait for the mirror to raise, install the VAF-tXi and film for as long as I can, until it switches out of Live View.  Then I have to repeat the process.  People with true shutter/mechanical failure have to either try a battery reset, or are otherwise left with an inoperable camera.)

What I'd like to see happen is Magic Lantern allow the camera to continue operation in video mode, even after the error is thrown.

I figure if this is something that could get implemented, it would not only help those of us trying to use the VAF-tXi with our DSLRs, but all videographers/filmmakers who've experienced Err 20 conditions, and would like to continue using their cameras for video work, regardless of the error.

Thank you for reading this!