70D

Started by jblazar, September 05, 2013, 07:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblazar

Are you planning on coming out with a version that works on the new 70D?

nanomad

Sure, once someone gets hold of it
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Yuppa

SOP (my understanding):

ML has to wait for the 1st firmware update...right?
When you care more about capturing DATA, as opposed to WONDERMENT, you've lost your creative SOUL.

nanomad

It's a safe assumption
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Smarty Pants

1.1.1 has some pretty obvious bugs so hopefully won't be too long

start writing to canon people

things like;
in quick mode using the shutter button, the image isn't saved, you must use touch shutter
after the audio level setting times out, servo af is switched back on
af microadjust only works in quick mode and +/-20 is only worth a few cm
lack of menu options for the my menu screen, 5 isn't enough if there's only 1 C setting
hdr only works on jpgs, why can't it convert raws to jpg then hdr so you get decent originals
while recording a movie, if you take a still and then another before the 1st has saved, the video will stop recording
manual audio setting screen should never time out

as all you need is a phono to 3.5mm convertor to plug in headphones, no amp needed, audio monitoring should be enabled
plugging in the usb audio cable should not disable the screen

PAL video shot at 25fps can't go lower that 1/30th sec shutter

osx lion 10.7.5 won't take the apple update to use the 70d raw in prievew etc - canon should speak to apple as ML has major samba issues - adobe camera raw to the rescue

the top screen back light time out is too quick, it should toggle with the switch

minor but annoying things....otherwise brilliant camera

Pelican

Smarty:
Do you really think that Canon will fix those things?
I doubt it.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down