Music Video using canon mkiii and RAW (slow motion 1920x818 48fps)

Started by ganzel, September 05, 2013, 07:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ganzel

I had no back up solution, I think I ended up with 1 drop frame on a shot we didn't use in the final product.  I would always do a back up take once I had a good one just to be sure we did not run into these kind of problems.  That way, if there was a problem with my best shot, there would be an ok one to back me up.  And that was with the June or July something build of ML, I bet it is way more stable now. I think a good way to avoid any bad surprises would be to have someone doing data wrangling and just extracting and looking/analyzing at the footage on a laptop on the go while you shoot.  That is if you have the team, money, time to do such a thing.  But honestly, I would go for it.  The boost in quality is worth losing 1 frame of 1 shot in my humble opinion.  I am the kind of guys that always shoots inserts and b shots just to back those kind of situation.  On the other hand, I am specializing in music videos, promotional videos, interviews, etc... I have yet to do a short film.

Hope this helps,

Ganzel

Quote from: sull8903 on January 08, 2014, 05:22:11 PM
Ganzel, did you come across any frame dropping or any bad recordings? Do you think its safe filming a short film with the raw with out a back up recording?

g3gg0

a really nice video and also making of. really enjoyed watching.
but i didnt find "Magic Lantern" under the "Thanks to" list.
i clearly must have missed it hehe ;)
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

ganzel

Sorry about that and a big thanks to ML and its team.  Sadly that part of the process was out of my hands, the record company has control once the video is delivered, they are the one uploading it on youtube and vimeo.

Quote from: g3gg0 on January 11, 2014, 01:51:14 AM
a really nice video and also making of. really enjoyed watching.
but i didnt find "Magic Lantern" under the "Thanks to" list.
i clearly must have missed it hehe ;)