60fps possible on 7D? If so, how to do it.

Started by mattlward, September 03, 2013, 07:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattlward

I have ML installed on my 5Dii, 7D and T2i full spectrum bodies.  But, I have been using it for it's features and additions to still photography.  I really do not shoot video and do not desire to do much of it, but I need to do a short slow motion shot.

From what I understand, the 7D can do it?  If so, how do I do it?  I really need to make this video, but do not know where to start.

Please help if you can.

Thanks Matt

1%

You use movie mode 60P... just some FPS override helps... 60P will be a lot of data and you'll really have to shrink the size of the raw.

ted ramasola

Quote from: 1% on September 03, 2013, 07:17:02 PM
You use movie mode 60P... just some FPS override helps... 60P will be a lot of data and you'll really have to shrink the size of the raw.

-and to add to this, the video will be heavily aliased due to the small size.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

mattlward

I want to slow mo a bullet hitting a container and capture the results.  Would there be a better way to do it?

ted ramasola

5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

1%

mattlward

I know it is not true high speed, but I cannot afford thousands of frames per second.  I am looking to just slow it down, then the kids get a better idea of what happens during impact.  This is for a group of kids at a weekend camp.

ted ramasola

sorry. no way to do it cheaply for now. If your point is just to teach why don't you show countless of high speed videos already online.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

mattlward

Well, thanks for the answers...  part of the kids are in the shooting sports only but a couple cross over into a photography section.  Kinda hoped to show each discipline something cool.

animanus

kids and shooting, what a great combination  :-\

god bless america

John Kesl