Remove 4GB limit when using RAW-video at .5 FPS? - And/or disabling live view

Started by High1ander, September 04, 2013, 05:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High1ander

I do a lot of timelapse, and I can shoot RAW in 24-25 FPS for way more than 4GB (and without spanning) but once I set it to do .5 FPS, it will get limited to 4GB, which only gives me about a half hour of timelapse.

I've also tried taking pictures in silent mode, but then I can't get the disable live view to work, because it is reset after each picture taken... I have it set so the "info" button should enable/disable it, and that it will turn of by itself after 5 sec, but since I want to take a picture every 2 or 5 sec, it just pops back up alive.

1%

a1ex

1%

Those low fps some of the canon stuff slows down, I think it isn't visible on digic V which doesn't do the table patching.

a1ex

It slows down only LiveView updates and maybe some UI stuff. File I/O and ML tasks will get faster.

High1ander

Well, I don't know why it stops before 4GB. A work around would for me be to use the intervalometer, but that one triggers the liveview (and thus takes battery).

BTW, thank you for all the help and for working on ML :)

a1ex

Set brightness to minimum. There shouldn't be major difference in battery power.

High1ander

I tried it today, it will work if I set everything up first, but since I'm shooting sun/clouds its hard to get back into menus to change back, since it is the more or less a black screen in sunlight.

For some reason I managed to get a single file to go over 4GB and reach 7GB, but then I went and stop/start it really fast it at around 3.7GB which might have caused it to continue.