[SOLVED] OldAPI module error even though I recompiled?

Started by Marsu42, August 31, 2013, 05:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsu42

The file_man module and one of mine show the OldAPI warning with the latest trunk and won't work, strangely the other bundled modules work, even yet another one of mine.

I read that "just recompiling" should bring up the modules up to the new version (http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg71712#msg71712), but obviously this isn't it - am I missing something here?

EDIT: I solved it myself, though "make clean" wasn't enough but I had to clean up some leftover files from the module directories manually.

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Marsu42

Quote from: nanomad on August 31, 2013, 07:31:18 PM
Which files ? The Makefile needs to be fixed

As I just discovered the problem was that "make clean" in the main directory doesn't clean up the modules subdirs, you have to run "make clean" there, too :-\

The ml build system needs a better integration of modules & core, imho just like "make" builds all camera targets unless told otherwise by default all modules should be build (except maybe a couple of blacklisted dev modules, and if one module doesn't compile, it should just be ignored). Last not least, everything should be done from the topdir so you don't have to edit or run files in the modules subdir at all.