Need you pros for a small vfx project

Started by dafassi, August 06, 2013, 12:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dafassi

Hi there!

I want to record a Very short Clip (about 30 seconds) with my eos 550d using my 50mm 1:1.8 lens.
This will be done outside on a big field with some trees in the Background.
There is me rising my hands up in the air. In post i will add some fire and grounddirt...

For a nice sky Ill use nd-filters.

I want to ask you for helping me to decide several things :

Generally... Should i use raw Mode or QuickTime?
The thing is.. What settings would you take?

Is it useful to use a special picture preset  (flat, cinematic, marvel, etc)? If so, what is the better thing for grading a later Moment?

For temporary Exports... What would be the right Codec?

Please help me to manage the right Setup for me. Also... If you have any Tipps and Tricks for me Ill use them!

Greets!

1%

What the longest clip you can take on 550D in any decent resolution. If you're adding stuff in post I'd use raw.

If you can't get anything long enough out of the 550D you're stuck with H264. I wouldn't use flat.. maybe marvels. Thing is in daylight anything works, esp with ND. Maybe ISO 200 + aperture that gives you desired DOF.

dafassi

Okay, i think raw ist best to get Details.
I thought special pic styles would be Importend for Color grading... Or isnt it because the raw Format?

By the way... Is there a special grading tut for shots made outside?

Using raw i think it would be best to have a Main res of full Hd to get best quality... How its about the Resolution?

I think about
24 fps, 180degrees shatter, pic style (but which?). Recording times around 15 seconds would be ok.

In post the whole Image Should get a mystetious look. A little bit fantasy style.

What Do you think?