Hi there!

Started by KyL, February 19, 2014, 03:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyL

Hello folks,

after sneaking a few weeks on this forum I finally decided to join the community!
I am a frenchie living in London, and I am working as a VFX artist for films. It has been a while since I haven't touch a camera, and I am missing a bit the pre-production/film-making side of a movie!

A friend told me about your tools and after checking and digging a lot in various topics I decided to buy a DSLR to record video. The raw recording feature is definitely what made me buy my eos 700D.

And wow! I have to say that ML really rocks. Even running a nightly version is quite smooth, and more stable than some of the tools I am using at work :) I am really impressed and very pleased by having this ability to work with true 14bits raw frames. This is a must.

I will definitely look around the raw video/post-process section and also share my thought, finding and tests about a simple and consistent raw workflow for post-production.

See you around!

ItsMeLenny

Those darn french :P

I'm glad that you bought a 700D and put ML on it straight away (as well as the nightlies, I use the nightlies on my 550D), but most people come in and feel it necessary to ask the same repeated question over of "is it safe?".

Once you've got something cobbled together be sure to post it in the video section so people can take a look.

KyL

Haha true!

Well, having a 700D without ML wasn't really useful to me :p
So I just looked carefully at every bit of information I could find on the subject and any eventual issues to expect. I was lucky enough to find a brand new 700D with the 1.1.1 firmware to require the nightly builds. I got some trouble with the first installation but it was quickly fixed. After that, everything ran pretty well!

And the best way to know if it safe or not is to try it yourself isn't it? Just be a bit adventurous!

dubzeebass

Felicitations! Bienvenue.

lionelp

Canon 60D, 50D | Lenses: Nikkor : 18-55 , 3.5 | 50, 1.8 | 24, 2.8 | 28,2.8 | 35, 2.8 |Helios 58 | A few other Nikon manual zooms and prime lenses|
Komputerbay 1000x, Sandisk 95 MB/ s