Next stable 2.4 -dev's release

Started by deletedAcc.0021, August 23, 2013, 11:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deletedAcc.0021

Quote from: 1% on August 25, 2013, 05:50:03 PM
I'm hoping people doing commercial work are using their cameras every day? So any real bugs come up real quickly and you can go back to the last build you used and say X is now broken, every time I hit disp button the camera starts singing sinatra, etc.

Agreed ...

bart

pipkato

Does anyone know which stable nightly for the 600d is being referred to here, and where it can be found?  I'm not interested in RAW.

Thanks.

Quote from: deletedAcc.0021 on August 25, 2013, 03:59:27 PM
This is what I have done.  I have a nightly release that I compiled back in early June (without raw), that I use daily on commercial shoots. And I have a Tragic Lantern version (with raw) for personal use.  I have yet to find any bugs with the feature set that I use in either release.

I've recommended the same nightly to several 600D users that wanted to upgrade from 2.3 and (knock on wood) they haven't had any issues either.  I call it a "stable nightly".

Edit:  with exception of the occasional pink frame shooting raw, but I don't consider that a bug .. more of a camera limitation.

Walter Schulz

Stable nightly build is a contradiction.

pipkato

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, Walter.

If you read the contribution I referred to from deletedAcc.0021 you may understand why I used the word 'stable'.