CinemaDNG for windows

Started by olik, August 23, 2013, 10:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olik

Hello,

I know there is a software to convert raw files to cinemaDNG on windows, but I can not find it anymore. Can someone point me to it?

Thanks

O.

vikado

Quote from: olik on August 23, 2013, 10:20:12 AM
Hello,

I know there is a software to convert raw files to cinemaDNG on windows, but I can not find it anymore. Can someone point me to it?

Thanks

O.

from the Cinemadng Discussion thread

Quote from: chmee on August 12, 2013, 12:14:02 AM
Hey there, i'm much workin.. so, finally i dont really will continue the raw2cdng-tool - all changes and small patches (if..!) are only tests for the forthcoming mlv2cdng-tool - MLV is in every form the better approach to stabilize the raw-revolution - and mlv2cdng will be coded from scratch as a commandline-tool with an external GUI. please be patient.

But back to raw2cdng: i thought about integrating exif-data from a cr2-file into the metadata of the dng. by now i only read the RGGB_Levels_measured from the cr2-makernotes and convert them into the dng-AsShotNeutral-Values. If someone's up to test that, feel free to write, if it helps/works in ACR or Resolve.

The Approach is easy - right before recording movie, do a photo. put both into the same path and give the CR2-file the same name.

Example:
M02-2221.RAW
M02-2221.CR2

raw2cdng will recognise the file automatically (it will be shown up with +CR2 in the importlist, same as splitted files..). It's tested by now only with a 5DIII. By the Way, if you're recording a whole set with the same whitebalance, you can name this one photofile ALL.CR2 and all files in the importlist will use this data - except the files having their own CR2.

Example:
M02-2201.RAW (will use ALL.CR2)
M02-2221.RAW (will use M02-2221.CR2)
M02-2221.CR2
M02-2312.RAW (will use ALL.CR2)
ALL.CR2

raw2cdng v1.3.0 - with CR2-whitebalance

regards chmee
5d2 user

arrinkiiii